(Recent returner to running)
I popped into my local Aldi yesterday with the absolute determination to *only* buy the hi-vis gillet and the gloves.
Came out with no gloves (out of stock), but got:
- Hi-vis ladies gillet. I thought at first it was cut rather skinny at the waist, then realised the fault is the size of my belly and not their tailoring.
- Thin beanie. I got the last one in 'massive-head' size, and it's thin enough to wear under my cycling helmet.
- Black L/S top. I had not intended to buy this, even though the purple trim matches my nike running tights. I think the extra oxygen from my hyperventilation at the array of goodies on offer, fogged my judgment. Still, nice top for the price.
- Hi-vis L/S top. No, no, no. I had absolutely no intention to buy this. It's the highest hi-vis I've ever seen. Went out for a run today and was nervous as I approached the brow of a hill that I might dazzle oncoming cars and cause an accident. Comes out ever-so-slightly bigger than the black one and is v-neck rather than crew neck.
- Lots of part-baked bread. Well, it's only 39p a pack, so I can't resist!
I'm very impressed with the two tops and gillet (well, and the bread, obviously). The arms on the tops are very long (even for my gibbon arms) and they are quite long in the body. The tops also have mesh under the arms, and a mesh panel down the back. The gillet has two good-sized front zipped pockets, comes up high on the neck and even has one of those little fold over bits to stop the zip scratching you. Not bad for £13.