Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey :)

Whats the quickest and best way to get my 1.5 mile time down. Im doing it in 11.35 just now. I'd love to get it to 10.30.

thanx xx

·
RunnersForum Founder
620 Posts
lilmonkey said:

Whats the quickest and best way to get my 1.5 mile time down. Im doing it in 11.35 just now. I'd love to get it to 10.30.

thanx xx
Speed improvments over short distances are usually obtained by doing high intensive, short distance speedwork. For example track sessions. There are some examples in this thread.

A twice weekly pace session over a 6 week period should see your 1.5 mile time come down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank u! Aww this forum is so helpful :d

·
Registered
244 Posts
lilmonkey said:

thanx xx
Are you planning to join the armed forces? They seem to like 1.5 miles as the distance on basic fitness tests. Is 10 1/2 mins i think rings a bell too?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i am lol. Start basic training in 3 months and would like to get my run time down. Makes life a bit easier.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Which part of the forces are you joining?

I always thought 12 min for 1.5 miles was the basic requirement :confused:

Good luck, it should be no probs for you though, your starting off well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
12 minutes is fine for selection. 10mins 30 is the requirement once u start basic training. The better your time, the easier basic training will be for you so i'm doing it for both reasons really :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
7 minutes per mile for 1.5 miles?
Aim to do a fast session of 400m repeats. Do 8 with a 200m jog/walk recovery.
Ran them hard but relaxed. Do LOTS of stretching and some hill work too.
You'll get there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi lilmonkey if your training at Bassingborne Barracks take care. I used to work there and the amount of trainees on cruches, well.
No seriously Good Luck you have more gut's than me I would never go in the forces.

·
Registered
1 Posts
helo mate im in the army and the best way to get you 1.5mile time down if fartlek training on a runnig trackthree times a week and you will see the seconds drop in a matter of weeks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts