Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waheyyyaa! I've made it to 10 miles of running. 3 months ago i was struggling to run 3 miles! my pace is roughly 10 minute miles.

I have my half marathon on Sunday, how do you guys suggest I cope with the extra 3 miles I need to pull out of the bag??

I don't know how much is psychological, but once I'd finished my 10 miles on the weekend, I wanted to collapse on the floor.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I wouldn't want to be runnnig more than 10miles the week before the half anyway. Make sure you stock up on the complex carbs, don't worry about the weight creeping up a smidge this week as it'll soon go with the half ;)

as for the extra 3.1 miles... If you can manage 10 in training, you'll be able to manage the full 13.1 with other people around you no problem... just be mindful of not starting off too fast :)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I agree with Hrun and partly agree with RS!

The atmosphere will get you through the final 3.1m and if that doesn't adrenalin will.

What half are you doing?

I would do runs on Tues-Thurs inclusive before a 1/2m race on the following Sunday amounting to closer to 18-20 miles BUT, and it's a BIG BUT, I'm a more experienced runner than you are so would suggest that you do two runs this week of up to 10 miles in total.

Have a good race and don't forget to report back!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
*geek slaps steve :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Cheers, its the run to the beat half marathon at the o2 in Greenwich.

I ran a lot last week, and covered 29 miles over the week, and my legs start wincing at the thought of going near my trainers this week so far, but i do plan to do 4 miles on Thursday. And get stocking up on carbs in the meanwhile.

I have found after a few (maybe 4/5 ) days of not running - I am really up for a long one.

Im interested to see how I cope with the last 3.1 miles. I hope I don't have to submit to walking in the last 3!!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I AM DOING THAT Rosy :p

You can always find me and hang onto me, ill be hanging on to someone else :p

Complete with box of tissues and cough medicine

:p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Good Luck Leece, I may request a piggy back :) hehe.

I thought I saw your name on the train smart site for rttb. I may be making that up though!

Bring on the adrenaline....! :embarrassed:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts