Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: FOOD

need advice on what would be good to eat. the race takes place over a couple of days, were runners relieve each each other after an hour on the road!
i need advice on what is good to eat before the hour starts and after the hour run, to ensure quick recovery but also give energy for the next hour shift.
most of th race will be completed on the road so big meals aren't available.
information on GELS
DRINKS
SNACKS
please anything will help!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi Emily

How many hours in total are you running? And how fast do you plan to run?

It sounds like many hours of running overall, so I suggest you go for carbs - bananas, pasta, instant noodles etc. Eat some sugar snacks, eg jelly beans or gels during the runs, probably best in the first half hour so they have time to work. Drinks - keep the water intake fairly decent, particularly if it's hot where you are running

hope that helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ta

:d thanks that great, if the carbs are to be taken after the hour run! i have 4 hours brake when should i take in the carbs
and over these four hours is an intake of some protein important to assist in the recovery???

thanks any way thats loads of help x

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Wow that's amazing stuff. A 100 mile race and you get other runners to relieve you during the race!! I'm in where do you sign up???

I would add to that Isotonic drinks to help with the salt levels.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Protein would definitely help. I rthink it's supposed to be best for muscle recovery if you have, like a protein shake or higgh-protein food within half an hour of finishing your run.

Good point about the salt, Squint :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts