Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to blow my own trumpet yet again, but Mrs Hrun isn't answering her phone, again.

I have just run my second 10K only this time I ran outdoors. To be precisish I ran 6.32 miles in 57.56. The route started up hill so I figured as I was fresh I would keep going knowing it would be down hill on the way back. And here I am.

Off to leave message for Mrs Hrun complaining she is never here for me and then a shower.

(For anyone wondering why I don't shout at her I am 200 miles away in Wales. For some reason I am more comfortable running away from home)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,297 Posts
Hrun said:
Sorry to blow my own trumpet yet again, but Mrs Hrun isn't answering her phone, again.

I have just run my second 10K only this time I ran outdoors. To be precisish I ran 6.32 miles in 57.56. The route started up hill so I figured as I was fresh I would keep going knowing it would be down hill on the way back. And here I am.

Off to leave message for Mrs Hrun complaining she is never here for me and then a shower.

(For anyone wondering why I don't shout at her I am 200 miles away in Wales. For some reason I am more comfortable running away from home)
I thought it was you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
Hrun said:
Sorry to blow my own trumpet yet again, but Mrs Hrun isn't answering her phone, again.

I have just run my second 10K only this time I ran outdoors. To be precisish I ran 6.32 miles in 57.56. The route started up hill so I figured as I was fresh I would keep going knowing it would be down hill on the way back. And here I am.

Off to leave message for Mrs Hrun complaining she is never here for me and then a shower.

(For anyone wondering why I don't shout at her I am 200 miles away in Wales. For some reason I am more comfortable running away from home)

You started running, and are now 200 miles away from home?!!:eek:
:eek:

It can actually seem easier to run in unfamiliar territory. I've noticed this myself over the years.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pedestrian said:
You started running, and are now 200 miles away from home?!!:eek:
:eek:

It can actually seem easier to run in unfamiliar territory. I've noticed this myself over the years.;)

I keep telling them I need a company car. :p

I think the main reason is I have not got the comfort Blanket that is my treadmill available. I know what I can do and no-one can see me.

Now I have lost some podge I am not so self consious and away from home no-one I know will see me if I fail. What is nice is I surpassed myself and ran further than I would have thought possible.

I did find after four miles everything went numb and as long as I didn't stop I was confident of getting back to the hotel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dimple said:
It's certainly paid off for you running on the treadmill. :)
definately. What is most interesting is I set almost an identical pace on the road as my treadmill is usually set at. It is almost like muscle memory. This links to my archery draw practice where you repeat the draw to set the memory so it is consistent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,495 Posts
Great stuff H.

Well done........ bigtup.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,640 Posts
great going :d
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Hrun said:
definately. What is most interesting is I set almost an identical pace on the road as my treadmill is usually set at. It is almost like muscle memory. This links to my archery draw practice where you repeat the draw to set the memory so it is consistent.
Hey well done. Just thinking out loud if you set the same pace on the road you probably worked harder with the hilly welsh country side chucked in. Keep up the great work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Off roading now- where does it stop.

junkie_ball said:
Hey well done. Just thinking out loud if you set the same pace on the road you probably worked harder with the hilly welsh country side chucked in. Keep up the great work!

For sure. The first 3 miles were uphill and the last back down.

I have just followed it up with a 2.2 mile run through the wilds of Cardiff (on the way back home) This time I ran out of footpath and did the last mile cross country, well on an informal motorcross track I reckon. Now that really was hard work as suddenly I had to watch where I put my feet as well as breathe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Hrun said:
For sure. The first 3 miles were uphill and the last back down.

I have just followed it up with a 2.2 mile run through the wilds of Cardiff (on the way back home) This time I ran out of footpath and did the last mile cross country, well on an informal motorcross track I reckon. Now that really was hard work as suddenly I had to watch where I put my feet as well as breathe.
Cross country will see you alright i try to get in 2 cross country tracks a week love it. It really improves stamina annd strength.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think the cross country was too much too soon. It is only my third time off the treadmill. I feel okay but definately cut the run short as it was hard on my delicate ankles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Hrun said:
I think the cross country was too much too soon. It is only my third time off the treadmill. I feel okay but definately cut the run short as it was hard on my delicate ankles.
Yeah thats true it is hard on the ankles i'm layed up for a few days after going over on mine Saturday gonna try a short 3/4 miler tomorrow see how it copes.

Your soon be running up Ben Nevis just keep up the good work! :d
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top