Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There

I have started to take up running again, I would be interested in entering a few 10k races in a few months as I find it more motivating when training. I ran a half marathon a few years ago and have been very lazy since.

Would anyone know where I can find a list of races in my area, I don't really want to join a running club as I am not looking for anything too competitive at this stage.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Lou

·
Registered
220 Posts
The runner's world site has a list of events split by region and distance. You can also enter a lot of them online.

Have a look here

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Greg, its a really good site.

I have also been reading about the the Bushy Park time trial which is just down the road from me, I had better dust off the trainers and start running!!

Thanks again

·
Registered
220 Posts
Funny you should mention the BPTT... Yes, it is a really good event, friendly and hassle-free. A really good way to kick off the week-end.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Lou - don't delay - come on down to the BPTT with the dusty trainers, the tired legs and the biggest hangover you can muster - one of the best things about it being a regular event is that you can really use it to measure your progress. Also don't worry about being last - the time keeping crew will wait for everyone and I'm sure there'll be people behind you!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Oh yeah and this weekend would be a very good weekend to start - since it's especially dedicated to all runners looking to try to beat the 30min hurdle - so there should be a good turnout of runners at all paces from 15 to 40 minutes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts