Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

After a bit of advice. I want top run a 10k and had thought about the London 10k in July. I have now read various reviews of this race and have been really put off !

I choose it as i live quite near to London ( Hertfordshire ) and thought it wouldn't be to challanging for my first 10k and it would keep me distracted looking at the city !

Does anybody have any suggestions of a race ?

Thanks in advance :d

·
Registered
158 Posts
I did the London 10K last year. It was near 30 degrees so conditions were not great to start off with. Anyway, got to the start line at about 9.40 (it started at 10.00 if I remember rightly) and finally got over the start line at 10.35! I was knackered before I'd even started. There were just too many runners to all start at the same point. Bit of queuing at water stations because the marshals hadn't bothered in most cases to get the water bottles out of the pallets. Way too many walkers - I just got frustrated. Definitely not a personal best course. Glad I did it just to say I had but never again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi I did some 5k runs last year so thought i would try and move it on. I have got a couple of 5k runs to do before july.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts