Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this is in the wrong place. I am considering doing a 10k in about a month's time. Do people think this is ample time to be able to train, and if so how many times/how far should i be going a week?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have only done little bits and bobs, i play a lot of football and have done a couple of 5k's on the dreadmill at the gym but nothing more serious

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
[email protected] dreadmill think ill call it that from now on, i dread going on it at the gym much more boring than running outside, not got any pretty houses to look at

:d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
love it I am going to call it that too I did 4 boring miles on mine last night aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh, but I was listening to a ricky gervais podcast (old one) so made it a bit better, dreadmill ha ha

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
10k is a pretty long way to go if you have not trained for it....... it may not sound far but on your feet if you are not used to it is hard going.

I have been running 9 months now continous and still find it difficult at times.

Depends on how fit you are and if your bothered about a good time.

Running outside is completely to running on treadmills and even running in a race is totally different to normal training runs.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I'd suggest 4 runs a week....two steady sessions of 3-5miles, one hill/speed session of about 40 mins to include warm up and cool down, one longer slower session of 5-7miles.

Best advice is to find a local club to keep you going.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Steve said:
Best advice is to find a local club to keep you going.

I did a double take then... I thought you said "Best advice is to find a local pub to keep you going"

:d

I must be in need of some liquid refreshment :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts