Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 10m run with the club tonight, really looking forward to it as its from the club house, out over the forth road bridge and back again.
If the weather stays like it is (cool and dry) then it should be even better :)

Managed 6miles last night so 10m tonight shouldnt be too bad, the only problem is its getting so dark now.

O.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Have a good run Owain. Running in the dark isn't too bad, just make sure you have a high vis top on to make sure you can be seen.

I'm only doing a short run tonight instead of the usual club speed session - trying to take it easy on doctor's orders.

·
Registered
392 Posts
My route takes me over the forth and the slope up to the middle is quite deceptive. For an added hill boost go over castlandhill. Its a killer but really makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I joined the Pitreavie AAC. What you doing down in Rosyth now!! Just noticed that on your profile. Your almost a next door neighbour! :)

Had a great run tonight, 9.9miles in 1hour 28mins. Steady pace for the entire route and even managed a sprint finish. Its given me a good boost for the 10k race this Sunday.

The guys I was running with gave me a good boost tonight as well, they were saying they have seen a huge improvement in my running over the short period of time I have been with the club. They were even saying it wont be long until I move up to the next speed of runner in the club, which felt great to know :)

Are you full time in Rosyth now Mo? You should come along one night, they are really nice and friendly and the runs are really relaxed, if you don't want to do the full route then there are lots of different routes to get you back to the club house faster.

I came home tonight on a real high from the run!

O.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I live in Rosyth (at the back of the fire station) but work near glasgow. I cant get out much now as i have just started 12 hour shifts with a 1.30 - 2 hour commute each way. I have decide that because of this i am going to concentrate on getting my speed up with fast (to me) 5k distance. I am also out of country over christmas so wont have much training time then. All that means that i cannot join a club as the time is impossible.

I keep a look out for you on the odd day i manage a long run.

Noticed your post on 10k a while back. During Dundee i managed it in 53 minutes and you
had gone on ahead at that point so i would guess you maybe hit the 50 or below during that run. Good to hear your running is coming on. Is that incase you get stuck next to me in Edinburgh so youll be able to getaway sooner :'(

Anyway good luck in your 10k.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For some reason I thought you were based up north?

My fitness has dropped a touch since the 1/2 marathon but its on the way back up again which Im happy about. Got a speed session at the club tonight. They always help you feel like you've done something :)
I enjoyed the run in Dundee, was good to get a good pace set together.

We ran via Rosyth the other night on the 10 mile run but went round past the primary school.

Will look out for you if you are on the coastal path any time :)

O.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Depends how you look at it I guess... during training you're constantly creating microscopic tears in your muscles, which the body repairs and strengthens. I tend to find that a week of tapering or general reduced training load helps to ensure my muscles are in tip-top, fully recovered condition for the race :)

Of course there are plenty of people who'll just run the race instead of a long run and not alter their training at all! Best of luck for in O... here's hopin for a PB :)

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I havent tapered but I didnt go for a run yesterday (had pizza instead) and didnt run today so two days rest for the big run tomorrow should be fine :)

Will update you all tomorrow.

O.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts