Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may be a bit early to ask this but as the forum has been quiet recently and I'm away between Christmas and New Year ....

What are you running aims/plans/ambitions/targets for 2007?

·
Registered
334 Posts
to get faster!!!! having only started running (jogging) since August and already feel the benefits I hope to keep it up in 2007 and get fitter and faster.....and maybe gain the confidence to enter a race!!! what about you Steve what do hope for in 2007?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure yet Nellie...if I stay injury free then with any luck, and I'll find out tonight, there's the FLM in April which I may run with a club colleague to get her around in her target time.
Other than that as I say I'm not sure and will think about once I know about FLM.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
My ultimate aim is to do a 3:30 flm but realistically expect a sub 4 hrs .I know there is a bit of a gulf between these times but in my first two flm's I ran in 5:17 (2005) and 4:20 (2006).
I'm also aiming for a 1:35 in a half marathon.:)

I haven't quite weighed the diet side of things off yet.So will hopefully keep improving there too.:huh:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Run my first half and make it to the end! Also aiming to break the 100kilo mark and get closer to a BMI of 25.

Dave

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I want to be able to run a sub 50minute 10km sometime during 2007.

Planning my first 1/2 marathon in March and would like to beat 2 hours.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
well i have my two main races entered for next year already so...

end of may - grand union canal race - under 40hrs please
august (i think) - ironman UK - just a finish, time would be a bonus.

tempted by the MOB pennine duathlon still, relatively soon after the canal race but i should at least have some bike legs from the triathlon training this time.

also looking to get my marathon time closer to 3:30

seems likely i'll be tempted to do tooting 24hr race again in october too, which means 100miles would be the target.

good luck to all next year with your goals & PBs of whatever distance or time.
train for it & claim it :cool:

·
Registered
151 Posts
sub 16:20 5k
sub 34 10k
sub 1:15 half mara

may do a marathon later in year.

But most importantly is to hopefully continue to enjoy running and stay injury free.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I have booked myself into two 1/2 marathons :huh: one in Feb (Brands Hatch) which I am going to use as a training run not planning a pb but if get one will be very pleased and the other one in March (Silverstone)which I hope to gain a pb.

I will hopefully be entering into the Great North Run.:eek:

Good luck with all yours goals for 2007.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Also only started my running career in July 2006. So my aims are to run a 10K and a half marathon next year. The 10k is unplanned, but the half marathon I hope to enter is the Aviemore half in Scotland next summer. Since both will be first races, they'll both be PB's. I'm hoping to complete the 10k in under 60 minutes (I'm finding that really hard), and the half marathon is just to finish.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Dave said:
I want to be able to run a sub 50minute 10km sometime during 2007.

Planning my first 1/2 marathon in March and would like to beat 2 hours.
That's exactly what I'm aiming for too.

I've entered a 10k in January and the Edinburgh Half in April - I've also entered my 1st triathlon and I'm thinking of going for the Frankfurt Marathon in October.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Steve said:
It may be a bit early to ask this but as the forum has been quiet recently and I'm away between Christmas and New Year ....

What are you running aims/plans/ambitions/targets for 2007?
I have the Bath Half Marathon in March and I hope to get round under 2:17 (this was my 1st attempt at a half this year), then the Bristol Half Marathon later on in the year where I aim to thrash Trinity !! :asleep: :p

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well as I'm in FLM (buggar!) my main aim is to crack 3:30 in that.
Next aim is to do a 1:30 1/2m.

All subject to keeping fit that is!

·
Registered
2 Posts
First of all, hello to everyone. I'm new to running (2 months) and new here..

My aims in 2007 are to run a reasonable 10k in the Blackburn Winter Warmer 11th Feb and complete the Wilmslow half marathon on March 25th..

No long term plans as yet, see how the next two races go and take it form there...

Good luck to everyone. And Merry Christmas to you all...

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
menzies1981 said:
First of all, hello to everyone. I'm new to running (2 months) and new here..

My aims in 2007 are to run a reasonable 10k in the Blackburn Winter Warmer 11th Feb and complete the Wilmslow half marathon on March 25th..

No long term plans as yet, see how the next two races go and take it form there...

Good luck to everyone. And Merry Christmas to you all...
Good for you Menzie, nothing like taking the easy route..., you will love finishing your first race such a great feeling. Good Luck :d.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Get over a nasty little injury.
Get out running again.
Get fit. Get fitter.
Get fast. Get faster.
Get new pb's at 5 / 10 and half.
Get to the end of a marathon.

Are you listening Santa?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Steve said:
Well as I'm in FLM (buggar!) my main aim is to crack 3:30 in that.!
Steve, I can't help thinking you're not aiming high enough. Never, ever, did I want to do a sub 3.30 marathon. I ALWAYS wanted to run sub 3 hour - and it came, even though I was in my sixties at the time. So set your sights higher. A sub 3 hour is easy in the FLM. It's flat, fast, and a lot of good crowd support. Re-programme your brain for running at 6.45 pace. Do some intervals, repetitions, a few fast 10K's to increase your overall cruising speed, and long steady runs on weekends you're not racing. You don't need to do huge mileages, concentrate more on quality rather than quantity. Surely, if an old beggar like me could do it, it should be even easier for a young whippersnapper like you!
Cheers!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts