Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...just wanted to thank you once again for your support in my transformation from non runner to half marathoner....I finally completed Reading in 1.51.

I feel that it is thanks to you guys that I got there!

Did I enjoy it....hell yeah...will I do another...hell yeah and 10 mins quicker!!!

thanks for the support!!!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Well done Em excellent time especially for your first HM.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rob...well done, what time did you do?

Yeah it taught me a lot, about running my own race etc.....but the two really inportant lessons that I learnt.....

1. Don't run behind tall men...there elbows really hurt when they hit you on the nose
2. If you have crowned teeth.....do not....ever....secure your post race space blanket with them!!!!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well Done Emma, good time as well, gives me inspiration to 'up' my trainning!

What happened to the crowns and cape? or shouldn't we ask?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok.....you know what it feels like to get a little of the foil off your kitkat in your mouth..........multiply it by 50.....i could feel it in my temples!!!!! The burning in my lungs was nothing!!!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
EmmaC said:
ok.....you know what it feels like to get a little of the foil off your kitkat in your mouth..........multiply it by 50.....i could feel it in my temples!!!!! The burning in my lungs was nothing!!!

Hey Emma... Richk and I were supporting at Reading and Rich took about 250 photos. He has a website full of race photos at www.richk.co.uk and if you contact him (he posts on this forum too) he'll see if he has a pic of you at your 1st half marathon :)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
1:51 far too quick. Slow down please, your making me feel bad..............

Seriously Emma thats fantastic.

I just hope you ached more than I did after my 1:56 in the Brentwood 1/2 on Sunday.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Fantastic time well done, when are you planning your next 1/2?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Have only just joined this forum Emma, so don't know how you started off running etc but well done on completing your first 1/2M in what sounds like an amazing time!

Very inspiring to us that are just starting out...

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I had a massage yesterday to help with my post race recovery. She had to ultrasound my back as it was really tight on the left side - reckoned I must have been pumping my arms extra hard but I do use them to drag me up hills.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Steady Edwina said:
I had a massage yesterday to help with my post race recovery. She had to ultrasound my back as it was really tight on the left side - reckoned I must have been pumping my arms extra hard but I do use them to drag me up hills.

I hope your well on the way to being fully recovered SE.It was a grand effort last weekend.I will have to try a post race massage myself one day.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I love your current avatar HF - the cutest yet.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Rob said:
Running in a kind of controlled environment like that with other runners was a real eye-opener and made me think hard about how to use my training time in the future, and a fantastic experience. :d
Well done, Emma and Rob, great times for both of you. :)

Rob - I'm interested to know what you meant by thinking hard about how to use your training time? What changes are you making?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Trinity said:
Hey Emma... Richk and I were supporting at Reading and Rich took about 250 photos. He has a website full of race photos at www.richk.co.uk and if you contact him (he posts on this forum too) he'll see if he has a pic of you at your 1st half marathon :)
Hi Emma . . well done on Sunday . . and you too, Rob . .

In fact I took over 700 photos at Reading :huh:

I've posted half of them so far, and you'll find them at www.richk.co.uk/Reading07/Reading07.htm

I'll post the rest of them next week . . have a look and see if you're amongst them . . you're welcome to have the original file if you are, so you can print a copy . .

:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts