Runners Forum banner

1st 1/2 Marathon Done!

2K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  runnerman1971 
#1 ·
Hey all...just wanted to thank you once again for your support in my transformation from non runner to half marathoner....I finally completed Reading in 1.51.

I feel that it is thanks to you guys that I got there!

Did I enjoy it....hell yeah...will I do another...hell yeah and 10 mins quicker!!!

thanks for the support!!!

#3 ·
Hey Rob...well done, what time did you do?

Yeah it taught me a lot, about running my own race etc.....but the two really inportant lessons that I learnt.....

1. Don't run behind tall men...there elbows really hurt when they hit you on the nose
2. If you have crowned teeth.....do not....ever....secure your post race space blanket with them!!!!!

#6 ·
EmmaC said:
ok.....you know what it feels like to get a little of the foil off your kitkat in your mouth..........multiply it by 50.....i could feel it in my temples!!!!! The burning in my lungs was nothing!!!

Hey Emma... Richk and I were supporting at Reading and Rich took about 250 photos. He has a website full of race photos at www.richk.co.uk and if you contact him (he posts on this forum too) he'll see if he has a pic of you at your 1st half marathon :)

#7 ·
1:51 far too quick. Slow down please, your making me feel bad..............

Seriously Emma thats fantastic.

I just hope you ached more than I did after my 1:56 in the Brentwood 1/2 on Sunday.

#11 ·
I had a massage yesterday to help with my post race recovery. She had to ultrasound my back as it was really tight on the left side - reckoned I must have been pumping my arms extra hard but I do use them to drag me up hills.

#13 ·
Steady Edwina said:
I had a massage yesterday to help with my post race recovery. She had to ultrasound my back as it was really tight on the left side - reckoned I must have been pumping my arms extra hard but I do use them to drag me up hills.

I hope your well on the way to being fully recovered SE.It was a grand effort last weekend.I will have to try a post race massage myself one day.

#18 ·
Rob said:
Running in a kind of controlled environment like that with other runners was a real eye-opener and made me think hard about how to use my training time in the future, and a fantastic experience. :d
Well done, Emma and Rob, great times for both of you. :)

Rob - I'm interested to know what you meant by thinking hard about how to use your training time? What changes are you making?

#19 ·
Trinity said:
Hey Emma... Richk and I were supporting at Reading and Rich took about 250 photos. He has a website full of race photos at www.richk.co.uk and if you contact him (he posts on this forum too) he'll see if he has a pic of you at your 1st half marathon :)
Hi Emma . . well done on Sunday . . and you too, Rob . .

In fact I took over 700 photos at Reading :huh:

I've posted half of them so far, and you'll find them at www.richk.co.uk/Reading07/Reading07.htm

I'll post the rest of them next week . . have a look and see if you're amongst them . . you're welcome to have the original file if you are, so you can print a copy . .

:)

#21 ·
EmmaC said:
Hey all...just wanted to thank you once again for your support in my transformation from non runner to half marathoner....I finally completed Reading in 1.51.

I feel that it is thanks to you guys that I got there!

Did I enjoy it....hell yeah...will I do another...hell yeah and 10 mins quicker!!!

thanks for the support!!!
well done emma. You'll be doing the marathons before you know it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.