Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit nervous about it to be honest but also kinda looking forward to it. i've done the training (i think) in that I've been doing 20-25miles a week for quite a while now and have done a few 10mile+ runs without any major problems.

Anyone got any last minute tips/hints?

Good luck to everyone who is doing either distance at the Great Scotish Run. The forecast is for rain, which i'm pretty pleased about.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Get there in plenty of time....don't go off too fast....take on water regardless of the weather...enjoy it...it'll be a pb after all!!

Good luck.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
What Steve said :)

This is the only '1st' half marathon you'll have so enjoy :)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Good advice already so just a 'good luck' from me :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Good luck - and just to echo what's already been said - stick to your own pace. I find the temptation to try keep up with the faster runners very hard to resist...

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Take it easy at the start, would be my first piece of advice. Secondly, you might fall behind your target pace until you get off the Kingston Bridge and onto West Street - don't worry about this as you've got plenty of time to make the time up and the course is pretty flat.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
It`s all been said Nick.

So from me,good luck and most importantly,enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Good luck from me as well and as has already been said, enjoy it! :)

Don't worry if you fall behind your target pace, when I did my first 1/2 marathon my target was just to finish and you know what, by not having the pressure of running to a time, it was great and I got a PB anyway :)

O.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
You are going to LOVE IT, so go and enjoy it and BEST OF LUCK, look forward to hearing about how you got on :d

·
Registered
511 Posts
All the very best for Sunday Nick.

Got my first ever Half (and indeed race) in 2 weeks so will be looking forward to reading your report and getting some tips :)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
GOOD LUCK NICK

I remember my first Half .. i did the first 3 miles too quick for me, then had to slow it down a bit after that, BUT i finished and was near enough in tears.

Dont forget to tuck a couple of sweets in your pocket for the last mile or so, thats the most tiring i think :p

P.S dont put them in back pocket otherwise they get warm..and no one wants to eat them then or they complain :lol:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers folks. i'll post a report on how i get on.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
you must have done it by now :d

1 - 20 of 25 Posts