Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a beginner, I thought I would share my feelings on having just completed the Bristol Half in a not so record breaking time of 2hr 17m :embarrassed:

I was extremely nervous before the start, doubts creeping in the back of my mind, had I prepared enough, would my knee hold up etc etc.

However, once the 'race' started, I can honestly say I enjoyed every minute of it, the support from the crowd was good but what really impressed me was the support from other runners on the course.

I had really thought I would not enjoy the day and say never again, but the complete opposite has happened, I'm now aiming for next year with an improved time !!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well done repag, why wait 'till next year, get entered for local 5K, 5miles or 10k races in the meantime, it keeps you motivated......running is addictive.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BoabyBoy said:
Well done repag, why wait 'till next year, get entered for local 5K, 5miles or 10k races in the meantime, it keeps you motivated......running is addictive.
Thanks for the advice, I may well do these and it will kepp the mind focused over the dark months !! - just out of interest, I live in Bristol, do you know where I would find out about these races? is there a website listing forthcoming races ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts