Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the scenario:

You're in a race, you're 100 metres from the finish and you're a bloke. Between you and the finish line there's a lady. What do you do?

And if you were the lady?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I may have had the pleasure of running behind her for 10k,so it would be unfair to pass her before the finish. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Dave said:
I may have had the pleasure of running behind her for 10k,so it would be unfair to pass her before the finish. :rolleyes:
All the more reason to nip in front with 10 m or so to go !! :embarrassed:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have experience of this in the Glasgow half this year. Was catching a group for the last couple of miles and there was one lady in the group. Over those couple of miles she had managed to break from most of the remaining men and I was picking them off as well. So we come into the last half mile and I actually catch up with her, thinking to myself that I have enough in my legs to sprint past her, but unbeknown to me this lady is actually Holly May, a GB international half and full marathon runner, she feels me on her shoulder, steps on the gas and leaves me for dead!!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to say that if you watch the final yards of a race regardless of the position runners are in us blokes out there just HAVE to be beat that lady in front of us by making a charge to the line...it's funny to watch!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steve said:
Here's the scenario:

You're in a race, you're 100 metres from the finish and you're a bloke. Between you and the finish line there's a lady. What do you do?
By coincidence this was the scenario I was faced with last Sunday at the Framlingham Cross Country.
I raced past her of course!

I found out later that she was the first lady to finish...did I feel mean? What do you think?!;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is no issue here. The clue is in the question - "you're in a race" . If you are faster you overtake - every time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts