Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just blowing my own trumpet here, but thought it was a milestone worth noting...

Noticed yesterday that my total mileage since I started running back in March 2010 was 1992.60. So, being a bit of a stats geek :embarrassed:, I deliberately ran my long route (7.5ish miles) to work this morning in order to pass the 2000 mile mark.

Looking forward to the next 2000...

:tup: :d

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Kenny, 2000 miles is a noteworthy attainment! How many pairs of shoes have you used? I calculate that you should be wearing your 3rd pair now assuming that it took two years. If you are still weaing the original shoes then it is time for upgrade. Your racing times are not bad either. Have your been doing any speedwork or just plodding away at long slow miles?

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Top running dude!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the kind comments folks.

Hi Kenny, 2000 miles is a noteworthy attainment! How many pairs of shoes have you used? I calculate that you should be wearing your 3rd pair now assuming that it took two years. If you are still weaing the original shoes then it is time for upgrade. Your racing times are not bad either. Have your been doing any speedwork or just plodding away at long slow miles?
Yep, your calculations are spot on Mick - on my 3rd pair of shoes! :) I only occasionally do speedwork/intervals, although I'm going to step this up over the winter. I have good basic speed, but I really need to build up my speed endurance so I can maintain a decent pace over a longer distance. My (new) local Parkrun at Camperdown has two challenging uphill sections, so I'm using that as a combination of speed and hill work as often as possible. That should be a big benefit in the long term I hope.

Well done Kenny! It's fun keeping track of your miles- yesterday I passed the 1000km mark for this year so not as far as you but a little milestone for me too.
Great job on reaching 1000K this year Ruth! :tup:

:)

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Wel done Henners!!! :happy:

Well done Kenny! It's fun keeping track of your miles- yesterday I passed the 1000km mark for this year so not as far as you but a little milestone for me too.
And well done RRuth :)
You mean, kilometrestone... :p

Where's my coat again?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Park Runs

Hi Kenny, What times are you getting at your Camperdown Parkrun?
I have just done Parkruns 2 weeks in a row in 2 different countries! I ran at Kirra Beach Australia on a nice flat paved surface and then last Saturday I did the Auckland NZ Parkrun which had a nasty hill half way and some surfaces were unpaved or grass. I was 90 secs. slower in Auckland so hill sure make a difference! The Parkruns are an excellent way to sharpen up without leaving you burnt out for next week's training.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My PB for Camperdown is 26:24. Think I could take at least 2 minutes off that right now on a flat 5K. There's a flat Parkrun not too far away at St.Andrews - I must try that one to see how my time compares.

Never thought I'd say this but I'm actually beginning to enjoy the challenge of the hills at Camperdown - they seem to be getting slightly easier and don't seem as long as they did a couple months ago!

:)

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
My PB for Camperdown is 26:24. Think I could take at least 2 minutes off that right now on a flat 5K. There's a flat Parkrun not too far away at St.Andrews - I must try that one to see how my time compares
:tup: I would like to see what time you can run on a flat course. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Park Run Flat Course

Hi Kenny, Yes give the flat 5k course your best shot. It might just be the best you'll ever do in your present age group and you will remember it forever! You will never remember your 2nd or 3rd best time.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll get my ass over to St.Andrews Parkrun in the next few weeks (possibly 29th Sept) and 'leave everything on the course'. Should be interesting to see how much quicker I can go...

:tup:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Well done Kenny - that is fantastic!!! :tup:

I love hearing about these milestones - it just shows the dedication and the passion we have for running. It never ceases to amaze me what we can do. 2000 miles is a great achievement!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Excellent work - well done!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well done keep at it. Whats your next major goal?
I guess it's gotta be to run a full marathon :wacko:, but I've no idea when that'll be. Not setting any target for it yet. Planning to do more half marathons next year - will see how those go and do some longer runs (15-20 miles) and see how I get on.

:d

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My PB for Camperdown is 26:24. Think I could take at least 2 minutes off that right now on a flat 5K. There's a flat Parkrun not too far away at St.Andrews - I must try that one to see how my time compares.
:tup: I would like to see what time you can run on a flat course. :)
I'll get my ass over to St.Andrews Parkrun in the next few weeks (possibly 29th Sept) and 'leave everything on the course'. Should be interesting to see how much quicker I can go...
Well Fulmar - finally ran St. Andrews parkrun this morning. Not a totally flat course - it has some slight undulations. It was a bit icy in places due to the cold and I was running with my kilt on so very pleased to take (as predicted) more than 2 minutes off my 5K time - 24.08. :d

1 - 20 of 24 Posts