Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
My stinking cheque hasn't been cashed. Looks like I'll have to start hunting for a good Spring marathon elsewhere.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looking on RW forums, they seem to have theories claiming that I'm in (bequeathed and cashed on 31st Oct). Not sure if th's true though, will wait til I get the letter/mag saying so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
OMG OMG OMG!!! I got a gold bond place.... I CANT BELEIVE IT!

I never thought in a million years that i'd actually be successful.. yet here i am.... staring at 26.2 VERY long miles!!!

EEk!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
To all that have got in - congratulations. As for me, I'm giving it ago and I cant wait! Those that dont get through consider the Rome Marathon, great course, great race and well organised!

Fingers Crossed for all of those who have entered the London Marathon and are awaiting conformation.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Real Runners said:
To all that have got in - congratulations. As for me, I'm giving it ago and I cant wait! Those that dont get through consider the Rome Marathon, great course, great race and well organised!

But watch out for the cobbles... I suffered them a couple of years ago :confused:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trinity said:
But watch out for the cobbles... I suffered them a couple of years ago :confused:
Good news, Trin!

I think the course has have been moved to avoid the cobbles? Allegedly this happened because of the lead runners falling over in 2004 - which is silly - I managed to make it round so I don't see why they couldn't (they should get some weight on them!)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Same here Dale. Lots of theories banging about cheque cashing, and certain dates meainig you are in, and the theory they gave me was totally wrong!

Will be looking for an alternative instead.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Got my rejection slip too but it is now going into the club ballot where my chances are good...though not guaranteed!

For those that don't know all ( I think) affiliated clubs get 2 FLM places so all the more reason to become a club member.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hollywood said:
Good news, Trin!

I think the course has have been moved to avoid the cobbles? Allegedly this happened because of the lead runners falling over in 2004 - which is silly - I managed to make it round so I don't see why they couldn't (they should get some weight on them!)

I was referring to the Rome marathon that Real Runners mentioned. A bit difficult to avoid cobbles in Rome :confused:

Anyway, back to London, I got my acceptance mag this weekend. I wish I could feel happy about it but at this rate I'll still be 'on the bench' by April :(

1 - 20 of 31 Posts