Runners Forum banner

2018 miles in 2018

19K views 369 replies 11 participants last post by  Mickeh 
#1 ·
Happy New Year!

OK, so here is your chance to sign up for the challenge of running 2018 miles in 2018, approximately 39 miles per week. Doesn't sound too hard eh?

The 'running week' will run from Monday to Sunday. This year we are fortunate that the year started on a Monday, so the first report will be your mileage up to an including Sunday 7th January.

I will try to do a bar chart once per week, but I'm not going to guarantee to do it by any particular day as that didn't work very well last year.

So who is up for it?

Let the challenge commence!

#6 ·
I'm in!

All being well I'll probably jump ahead of the 39/week average in the first few months building up to a 53mi race in April - but hopefully this'll be my motivation to keep at it afterwards :D

#7 ·
So that's six of us so far Hopefully we'll get a couple more to make the bar chart look a bit more impressive.

I have finished my last run for the week - a decent start to the year. 50.14 miles done.

#12 ·
I think that this is borderline for me, but what the hell I may as well. It's only an extra 464 miles over last year, what could possibly go wrong? :lol:

So far this year I've done a paltry 9.5 miles.

In my defence it's still less than 4 weeks since my last marathon and recovery was (and still is) very much required. I am back to training now though so things should return to something resembling normal over the next couple of weeks.

#17 ·
Starting slowly! 42.30 and 33.65 for the first two weeks has be at 75.95 in total.

Long run planned for tomorrow as long as the weather isn't total crap otherwise it may get rearranged...!

#20 ·
53 km last week, 102 km YTD = 63 miles YTD.

Off to a weak start too, but since there are several others in a similar position I won't drop out :) I'm getting physio treatment for an upper back problem that makes it painful to breathe, hence the pleasure of running is somewhat restricted right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.