Runners Forum banner

321 - 340 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
1851 miles YTD. This week it was 61 km tapering towards Amsterdam. Still trying to finish off painting the house in Norway but temps having been dropping below +5C occasionally, making drying a problem. Back to the Netherlands tomorrow.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just under 38miles last week taking me to 1439 I think. I should be tapering but ended up sweeping on the Bennachie Ultra, 31 miles of beautiful views.

Toronto marathon next sunday.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
Unsurprisingly, I didn't win the London ballot for 2020. Does anyone know of a good marathon to be held in March 2020?
It seems that every marathon in UK and nearby is in April or May. Nowadays, it is already a bit too warm in that period.
The only one that comes up in a search on runbritain in March is the Wrexham Marathon.

The Great Welsh Marathon is a the first weekend of April and according to runbritain is flat.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The only one that comes up in a search on runbritain in March is the Wrexham Marathon.

The Great Welsh Marathon is a the first weekend of April and according to runbritain is flat.
Thanks for the info, Claire. I will check that one.

I am also considering to try Paris (on 5 April). Did anyone try before? I have heard that the road is not always paved as there are many cobblestone streets . Would it make a difference?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I'm at 1599.81 as of today...still hovering around, probably a bit under as tapering for 38 miles next weekend. Assuming that doesn't batter me too much I should be okay....!

·
Registered
57 Posts
44 miles last week, the main chunk being in the Toronto marathon, 1473 for the year.

The Marathon went well enough and was on course for a 4 hour finish and then the wheels came off at about 18 miles. Slowed down and the temperature was climbing which isn't good for a Scotsman.

Still an enjoyable run and need to work on strengthening the legs.

Glen Ogle 33 in two weeks time.

G

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
Only 32.35 miles last week, as it was the second week of the taper.

1514.4 miles so far this year. Probably not going to push for the target now because I'm hovering on the edge of injury, so don't want to push it even harder.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #334
The chart to 20th October. 3 people out of the 10 have not reported for such a long time, I have hidden them from the chart. It will be easy to unhide them should they start to report again:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Didn't get a chance to post last week, holiday and travelling around got in the way. The last ten days in Canada I managed a couple of wee runs to keep me moving for Glen Ogle.

Ultra now done a happy with 6hr 20mins although I would have loved to do it faster as always.

Total for the year is now 1531 miles so definitely not going to make 2019 for the year, och well.

G

321 - 340 of 362 Posts