Runners Forum banner

341 - 360 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Sorry, but I seem to have missed a few reports. After Amsterdam marathon I thought I would have a bit of an easy week but another race came up at the end of the week: the Castricum beach and dunes race in North Holland at 12.8 km. Then I transferred back to Norway. My distances for the last three weeks were 74, 57 and 71 km making 3193 aka 1984 miles YTD.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Last week I managed 64 km in the first snows of winter in Norway. Had to switch to spiked shoes as it was varying around zero degrees. That makes 3257 km or 2024 miles for the year! I've now returned to NL for a second late autumn though I must say I prefer solid rain to the wetting kind down here :)

·
4,173 Posts
Last week I managed 64 km in the first snows of winter in Norway. Had to switch to spiked shoes as it was varying around zero degrees. That makes 3257 km or 2024 miles for the year! I've now returned to NL for a second late autumn though I must say I prefer solid rain to the wetting kind down here :)
Congratulations on hitting your target.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
I only managed 24.58 miles last week. I had planned to do more, but had a terrible week as one of our lovely young cats, Audrey, who we only adopted last December at 4 months, was killed by a car last Monday.

So I didn't get out as much as I'd planned as I had no enthusiasm for it, and needed to spend more time with my boyfriend, who is absolutely devastated, and our other cat Peggy, who is very upset that her sister never came home.

Did manage a 10k race on Sunday, which went OK considering how tired I was - 43:51. Won a bronze Masters medal anyway.

Total for the year is 1602.68.

We are going away for a 5 day break in the Lakes later this week, so this week and next week will also be low mileage weeks.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Upsetting to hear aboit the cat, Claire. We had one once who just didnt come back one day. We never found him and still mention him.

Last week I just made my planned 70 km making 3327 km aka 2067 miles for the year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry, about your cat, I found it tough when our 19 year old cat passed away, she was very much part of the family.

I can't remember what I did the week before last (memory like a sieve) but I did 26.8 last week. It has been a couple of weeks where life seems to have gotten in the way.

Total for year is 1588.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was in Korea and I only managed to run 71.1 km (i.e. 44.18 miles) in total during the last two weeks. My total is now 1685.53 miles.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #357
26.26 miles this week, 1649.6 year to date.

Did cross-country yesterday - underfoot conditions were dire. 15mm spikes and still no grip on the downhills. Never seen so much mud.

·
Registered
134 Posts
46.29 miles for me this week. My total is now 1,731.82 miles.
I will start my training for the Paris marathon tomorrow (probably taking a day off :) ).

341 - 360 of 362 Posts