Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it's that time of year again. Who is up for the challenge of running 2020 miles in 2020?

So far, I have myself, double5 and winnet signed up.

It's a leap year so that will make the target daily mileage 5.52 miles, or 38.63 miles per 7 day period.

As for previous years, reporting day is Sunday. Today, therefore, is the first reporting day and that covers the first partial week (5 days) of the year.

I will endeavour to publish a bar chart each week and will try not to get too far behind.

·
Registered
116 Posts
With my inimitable fashion I have actually had my best week ever for distance with a total of 66.8 miles. But since we are only interested in 2020 my 5 day total is 17.2 miles.

It will now take the rest of the month to recover lol.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi! I would like to join again, and thanks for the year before. For the first part-week I ran 36 miles.

Once again I will be alternating between the Netherlands and Norway. I haven't booked many races yet, but I have a half coming up this weekend. I'll probably go for Rotterdam, Amsterdam and Oslo marathons, with a couple more smaller local ones added, and also some shorter races. Looking forward to the year since I am relatively free of injury at the moment (apart from the general effect of age :)

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the delay in producing the chart this week. I've recently bought a new laptop and have downloaded OpenOffice as Microsoft is so expensive, but I've been on for about 5 hours now trying to do the new spreadsheet and chart. The software locks up repeatedly and won't respond so I still haven't managed it yet.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally managed to do the chart. Doesn't quite look as good as with Excel but it will do:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks for starting the chart again. Last week I covered 76 km making 133 km or 83 miles. I ended the week with a trail half-marathon. The first 7 km was along a beach into the wind. The reaminder crossed dunes into trails. My WAVA comes out at about 65%, showing my lack of speedwork for quite a while now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Evening all, I did 38.2 miles last week which gives me 55 miles I think.

G

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
27.15 miles last week, 52.79 year to date.

I have a physio appointment tomorrow. I think it's likely to be tendonitis and will take a while to fix, so looking likely I'll have bin London Marathon.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
27.74 miles for me this week, 80.53 miles so far this year.

Went to the physio earlier in the week. He agreed that tendonitis is most likely the cause of the pain on the top of my foot, though could not rule out a stress reaction.

Either way, I start a 6-week course of physio and shockwave therapy this coming week. The physio is confident I will be able to continue to train for the marathon and to put in a good performance.

I'm hoping to get back up to four runs this coming week. I ran 12 miles with 7 @ marathon pace yesterday and another 7 miles today and my foot feels surprisingly OK.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Evening all, I managed 46.6 miles this week taking me to 102 for the year so far.

Hoping to keep the focus now but I have trips to Bergen comung up so may end up getting knocked off a bit.

G

·
Registered
829 Posts
Morning all. Last week I ran 78 km ending in a slippery 22 km trail run. The temperature was around zero but this morning it has risen to 4 and is heading for 8C, hard to believe for January in Norway. That makes 211 km or 131 miles YTD. Hope you enjoy the trip to Bergen, Winnet, it's a really nice place, but known for rain. Plenty of chances for climbing, straight from the town centre. Alternatively, you can take a short funicular up.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for that, Floyen is fun to run up and once you are on the top there are some beautiful trails to get lost in. I will just need to pack my waterproofs.

G

1 - 20 of 159 Posts