Runners Forum banner

201 - 220 of 230 Posts

·
4,276 Posts
32.1 miles for the week 1440.54 miles for the year. Started the week fine, rest day Monday, ran Tue, Wed and Thu but on Friday I felt fatigued, so I took an extra rest day, Saturday still feeling tired, fell asleep in the chair for 4 hours Saturday afternoon so no running there. Sunday I went for a walk in the morning and spent the rest of the day recovering. Hence just 32.1 miles.
Felt a lot better this morning and managed 7 and a bit miles before lunch, fingers crossed it was just a short term thing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
A decent week for me, 44 miles to all intents and purposes. Had a good massage that founds sore muscles where I didn't realise I had them. Turns out I have lazy glutes.

Anyway, 1696 miles for the year.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Hi everyone. Well done on the running last week. Steve, the view on that run looks amazing. Very jealous.

Matthew, which marathon are you doing? Still not much going on road-racing wise in the UK.

Anyway, I had a slack week last week - only 27.95 miles. Brings me to 1329.05 for the year. Just staying above the line.

I've decided to go back to a five run per day week. My 2 on, 1 off schedule worked OK when I was not working, but now I've got a new job, I'm finding it really hard to motivate myself to run on Friday evenings, especially if it's an effort session on a Friday.

So should be keeping it up above 40 miles per week from now on.

Reactions: winnet

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
The chart to 23rd August:

·
4,276 Posts
Thanks for the update Claire.(y)
A lot better week for me this week, feeling a lot stronger and fitter. I even managed some faster paced runs. A total of 60.00 miles this week which takes my yearly total up to 1500.54 miles. I am hoping to repeat that this week.

·
Registered
137 Posts
34 miles last week for me. Had my calf muscles massaged last week to try get some of the knots out of the, another massage due on Tuesday. Legs are feeling better and less aches and pains.

Also spent the week shifting gravel for work in the back garden, shovelling 5 tonnes of gravel gives quite a good workout lol.

Total is now 1730 if my maths is correct.

G

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi everyone. Well done on the running last week. Steve, the view on that run looks amazing. Very jealous.

Matthew, which marathon are you doing? Still not much going on road-racing wise in the UK.

Anyway, I had a slack week last week - only 27.95 miles. Brings me to 1329.05 for the year. Just staying above the line.

I've decided to go back to a five run per day week. My 2 on, 1 off schedule worked OK when I was not working, but now I've got a new job, I'm finding it really hard to motivate myself to run on Friday evenings, especially if it's an effort session on a Friday.

So should be keeping it up above 40 miles per week from now on.
Hey,

I'm doing a marathon on September 19 in London, ON, Canada. It's called "That Dam Hill." It's a looped course of 2.25km per lap, with a nice little 400m long hill (15m elevation) that I have to hit about 18 times, so should be interesting. However, it is a Boston Marathon qualifier, so I'm going to do what I can to run sub 3:00! :p

Good work everyone on the mileage!
Cheers!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi all. Last week I continued in the same pattern, alternating trail runs with roads. On Sunday I ran a similar fjord route of 25 km but a bit less climbing at 500-odd m. I can't go quick on these routes because I need to keep down the risk of falling and breaking a bone in the middle of nowhere :) so it takes most of 3 hours. The picture below shows a map of refugee escape routes in WWII over the fjord from Norway to Sweden in the distance. 1651 miles YTD, 78 km last week.

There are many small granite quarries here too, where stone was cut by hand and exported, for example, for the fuhrer's building projects, and later for scuptures in Oslo. In winter when not farming Swedes would cross the fjord on ice for labour.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
The picture below shows a map of refugee escape routes in WWII over the fjord from Norway to Sweden in the distance. 1651 miles YTD, 78 km last week.
That looks fantastic. I'm very jealous. But I am off to the Lake District in two weeks, so will be getting some nice mountain scenery myself soon.

Can you double check your miles? Last week you reported 1642 and this week only 9 miles higher even though you say you did 78km last week, so the maths has gone wrong somewhere :unsure:

It's a looped course of 2.25km per lap, with a nice little 400m long hill (15m elevation) that I have to hit about 18 times
Sounds awful. If you can manage inside 3 hours on a course like that it will be very impressive. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
40.58 miles for me this week, 1369.63 so far this year.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Sorry, looks like I should have said 1691 miles. (2721 km), we're metric and I make mistakes mind you that looks like a reading glasses slip with a software calculator :)

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
OK, here's the chart up to 30th August:

·
Registered
137 Posts
45.6 miles this week taking me to 1776 for the year. Took part in the Lairig Grhu race today. I knew it would be tough but even running downhill was hard, too many boulders for my liking. Then in the forest section I seemed to kick every stone on the way down lol.

But, glutes definitely being lazy so need to get them sorted.

G

·
Registered
857 Posts
Blimey that looks a tough race, Graeme. Well done. Claire I envy yor trip to the Lake District too. I used to have relatives in Kendal but I don't make it there much any more.

Last week I covered the same distance as the week before - 78 km. On Sunday I did a less extreme fjord trail run that was never far from habitation, although it still took the same time since I couldn't find a path to sea level that was supposed to be there. Much of the time I was following an official long distance path, though it is much less distinct than you would find in the southern part of Britain.

Total YTD is 2799 km aka 1739 miles. I have another similar-looking fjord picture. Say if you think I shouldn't post them on this thread.

Reactions: double5

·
Registered
137 Posts
It was an interesting race but good fun. I will be sweeping the Bennachie Ultra next month (covid allowing) which is 5000 feet of climbing in 31miles so need to get the hills in.

G

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Well done on your race Graeme.

Steve, I like the fjord pictures so it's fine with me.

My mileage last week was 39.55, takes me to 1409.18 for the year. Chart will be along shortly.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Chart to 6th September:

201 - 220 of 230 Posts