Runners Forum banner

221 - 240 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
31.5 miles this week, back to lack of motivation, need to start getting up early again to get the miles in.

Total for the year is now 1807, the target is getting closer.

Hopefully doing the Bennachie Ultra in 3 weeks, 31 miles of hills near Aberdeen. Not sure after that but a run from Dundee to Aberdeen is being toyed with. One of my mates does daft runs like the Spine and the Thames 184miles so he has been dropping hints. I guess, there is only one way to find out of i can do it lol.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
883 Posts
Hi all, last week I ran 81 km, mostly trails but with a 6 km where-am-I WAVA test and a 10 km threshold run. Total ytd is 2880 km aka 1790 miles.

As is becoming a habit the sunday run was along a trail on the local fjord. I hadn't taken that particular route before and I clocked up 27 km. Hardly anyone gets out on the route I took, though again it was theoretically on a long distance route. It drizzled gradually more the whole time, but I couldn’t think of anything better to do in such weather. Most of the time I could see Sweden hidden in the mist across the border.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
37.32 miles last week, 1446.5 for the year so far.

I've just started training with the club again, and am even contemplating a race. It's been getting quite boring recently, to be honest.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That is just over 46 miles in the bag this week so sitting with my feet up having a beer. That takes me to 1854 miles this year. Still plodding along but getting there.

G

·
4,298 Posts
Due to being very fatigued I took a 5 day break this week, so just 12.22 miles for the week which makes 1595.86 miles for the year.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Hi all, 80 km for me last week, making 2960 km aka 1839 miles YTD. On sunday I kept to roads for a change: ran an hour easy out and an hour at marathon pace back.

I've also been experimenting with my new Coros Apex, which has several alternatives for HR training, including zones for HRR. It also computes running power somehow, making a Stryd pod somewhat unnecessary. I couldn't say whether it is accurate, but it seems to be fairly consistent with 5 km threshold trials on the flat. I've never considerd running with a power meter before, but it is something new to have a look at.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Hi, I've been on holiday so missed a week, but here is the chart to 20th September.

My total for last week was 24.71 miles, 1471.21 miles for the year so far.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Hi all. Looks from Strava like you had a great holiday, Claire! Last week I ran 91.5 km making 3051 km aka 1896 miles YTD. It wasn't going to be that much, but I did a shortish sunday run and then accompanied my wife on hers, so it ended up quite a lot. Here's another fjord picture. It was taken from an old fortress built to defend our town from attacks from Sweden seen in the distance.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
I did 12.54 miles last week and am now slightly behind target at 1483.75 miles, but am not unduly worried.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
No update from Winnet last week, but here is the chart anyway, up to 27th September.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
39.96 miles for me this week, gradually closing back in on the target. 1523.71 year to date.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sorry, realised tonight that I hadn't completed an update last week, I will blame old age....

Last week I completed 29.6 miles, I couldn't work up the energy to to the last 0.4 of a mile.

This week was better, topped out at 47 miles. Had a decent run beside Kirriemuir and knocked off 4 Munros, Tolmount, Tom Buidhe, Mayar and Driesh. Managed to hit it good with the weather though.

I just need to work on my lazy glutes.

Total for year to date is 1931 miles.

G

·
Registered
883 Posts
Hi all.last week I ran 78 km, making 3130 km or 1945 miles YTD. I didn't do much of a sunday long run due to stormy weather.

Great pictures of Scotland there! Here the harvest is well over and winter drilling has happened, presumably stuff like winter barley. Several friends have gluts of apples, since many houses have largish plots and it used to be traditional to grow them.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Those photos of Scotland are lovely.

No sign of an update from double5. I'm just going to do the chart anyway for last week.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
Here is the chart to 4th October:

·
4,298 Posts
Those photos of Scotland are lovely.

No sign of an update from double5. I'm just going to do the chart anyway for last week.

Apologies Claire, I have been a little distracted for the last couple of weeks. 27.7 miles last week and 10.6 miles this week will take my yearly total up to 1665.96.

·
Registered
162 Posts
A decent week for me and feeling quite good. A total of 37.5 miles this week with no major aches and pains. Total for the year is 1968, so close....

I was helping sweep a local ultra yesterday and it didn't go to plan. Because I was chatting with the other sweeper we missed a turning. Ended up joining the course further along then heading up it the wrong way to track people. With the really fast runners starting last it makes a sweepers jib hard.

My fellow sweeper is one of those really daft guys that does the likes of The Spine and thinks nothing of running 100 odd miles in one go. As you can imagine, he has a few tales to tell.

G

·
Registered
883 Posts
Hi guys, last week I managed 94 km, making 3224 km or 2003 miles YTD. Since the goal is nearing, I decided to move my goalposts out to 80 km per week average, and I am a bit short of that. I'm hoping the ice and snow are not too early this year.

I had a bit of a groin strain this week so again did no speed work. I took my SO on a sunday route she hadn't seen before. It's always gratifying when someone says a run was the highlight of the day. Had to cut through some old farmyards to find theoretical paths :)

221 - 240 of 305 Posts