Runners Forum banner

221 - 230 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
31.5 miles this week, back to lack of motivation, need to start getting up early again to get the miles in.

Total for the year is now 1807, the target is getting closer.

Hopefully doing the Bennachie Ultra in 3 weeks, 31 miles of hills near Aberdeen. Not sure after that but a run from Dundee to Aberdeen is being toyed with. One of my mates does daft runs like the Spine and the Thames 184miles so he has been dropping hints. I guess, there is only one way to find out of i can do it lol.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi all, last week I ran 81 km, mostly trails but with a 6 km where-am-I WAVA test and a 10 km threshold run. Total ytd is 2880 km aka 1790 miles.

As is becoming a habit the sunday run was along a trail on the local fjord. I hadn't taken that particular route before and I clocked up 27 km. Hardly anyone gets out on the route I took, though again it was theoretically on a long distance route. It drizzled gradually more the whole time, but I couldn’t think of anything better to do in such weather. Most of the time I could see Sweden hidden in the mist across the border.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
37.32 miles last week, 1446.5 for the year so far.

I've just started training with the club again, and am even contemplating a race. It's been getting quite boring recently, to be honest.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That is just over 46 miles in the bag this week so sitting with my feet up having a beer. That takes me to 1854 miles this year. Still plodding along but getting there.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
4,276 Posts
Due to being very fatigued I took a 5 day break this week, so just 12.22 miles for the week which makes 1595.86 miles for the year.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi all, 80 km for me last week, making 2960 km aka 1839 miles YTD. On sunday I kept to roads for a change: ran an hour easy out and an hour at marathon pace back.

I've also been experimenting with my new Coros Apex, which has several alternatives for HR training, including zones for HRR. It also computes running power somehow, making a Stryd pod somewhat unnecessary. I couldn't say whether it is accurate, but it seems to be fairly consistent with 5 km threshold trials on the flat. I've never considerd running with a power meter before, but it is something new to have a look at.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Hi, I've been on holiday so missed a week, but here is the chart to 20th September.

My total for last week was 24.71 miles, 1471.21 miles for the year so far.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi all. Looks from Strava like you had a great holiday, Claire! Last week I ran 91.5 km making 3051 km aka 1896 miles YTD. It wasn't going to be that much, but I did a shortish sunday run and then accompanied my wife on hers, so it ended up quite a lot. Here's another fjord picture. It was taken from an old fortress built to defend our town from attacks from Sweden seen in the distance.

221 - 230 of 230 Posts