Runners Forum banner

261 - 278 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
41.93 miles for me this week, 1722.77 year to date.

Because of lockdown, my club has arranged a 7 week virtual 5k handicap series, so I ran a 5k time trial on Thursday evening. Managed 20:55 which I was quite pleased with. It's not a million miles off my PB so not bad for a training run. Fireworks kept going off all around me during it, which was a bit alarming.

Reactions: winnet

·
Registered
153 Posts
That is a decent time, I have never managed to get under 21 mins for a 5k. I need to find a downhill course I reckon.

44 miles this week for me taking me to 2119 miles for the year.

I had planned a 34 miler yesterday but ended up stopping at 27.5 miles. A mate is currently running from Aberdeen to Fort William so I went with him out to Banchory. When I say running, think a brisk walk.....!

Heading back on my own at a faster pace but after 10 miles my knee started to hurt. I reckon it is down my lazy glutes. So discretion is the better part of valour and I blagged a lift home.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
871 Posts
Sorry for the late report. Last week I ran 85 km making 3580 km or 2225 mi YTD.

·
4,285 Posts
24.60 miles this week, makes a yearly total of 1738.06 miles, still a way to go. I need approx 42 miles per week up to the end of the year.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looks like you will have to go out morning and evening to get the miles in, just what you need with limited daylight!!!

30.5 miles this week, slow and steady and I still can't get my glutes to play ball. That is me at 2149 miles for the year to date.

I have decided that I need another challenge to get some focus back into my running.

G.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hello all, 89 km for me last week, making 3668 km or 2279 miles YTD. My sunday run was quite short at 17 km but it made up for it in bogginess and rootiness. I chose a route that people don't use often, and it turned out that parts were more like a drainage ditch than a path, in wet weather :)

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Sorry, I've got a bit behind. Here is the chart for the week ending 8th November:

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
So, I'm injured now. Too many track sessions have knackered my calf. I ran 9.7 miles last week (and even less this week), taking me to 1732.47 for the year.

Even if I was able to come back from injury instantly I'd still struggle to make up the deficit now, unless I do a 100 mile ultra on New Year's Eve.

Will pop the new chart on in a minute.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
Chart to 15th November:

·
Registered
153 Posts
So, I'm injured now. Too many track sessions have knackered my calf. I ran 9.7 miles last week (and even less this week), taking me to 1732.47 for the year.

Even if I was able to come back from injury instantly I'd still struggle to make up the deficit now, unless I do a 100 mile ultra on New Year's Eve.

That is not good to hear, hope it clears up soon. A 100 mile ultra may help keep your sanity over the festive period.

G

·
4,285 Posts

Sorry to hear that, hope you are back to full fitness soon.
I am in the same boat, only managed 12.8 miles this week, yearly total now at 1750.86 miles, and time is running out fast. So I will bail on this years attempt and hopefully be back in form for 2021 miles next year.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Sorry to hear about all the injuries. I've been lucky enough to run through mine. Last week I covered 79 km making 3747 km or 2328 miles YTD. Again I had a slightly shorter long run on Sunday, though it still took us over 2 hours given the terrain. We're trying to make the best of it before the winter sets in. We've had a day or two below freezing but the ground is still above zero and will still thaw into peaty puddles given half a chance.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I reckon it is end of year blues. I managed 6 miles last week and my energy has totally gone so ended up with an unplanned rest week. Slowly starting back in this week but the drive isn't there. Total ytd last week was 2155.

I have entered the Lapland virtual ultra run by the Lakeland 100 guys. It is 89 miles between the 10-22nd Dec, hopefully that will give me some focus.

G

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hi all, last week was 86 km making 3833 km or 2382 miles YTD. The last few days have been consistently colder by a bit. The last couple of days have been freezing fog and barely made it above zero. Even so there are still soft areas on trails under the trees, where the feet can get wet.

·
Registered
153 Posts
29.6 miles last week, so better than the week before. Glutes still sore and busy doing half-hearted stretches to sort the problem. That takes me to 2185 so far.

Weather has been chilly in Aberdeen with the occasional icy patch on the roads.

G

261 - 278 of 278 Posts