Runners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
ARROGANT maybe?
Also lacking in a sense of humour and feeling obliged to boast about your achievements?
This is a forum for runners. We talk about our training, the miles we are running and our achievements. We've been running these yearly mileage challenge threads for years. No-one is forced to take part in them.

I was more than polite to you before. Your response to me is completely uncalled for.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Only 37.79 miles this week, from 4 runs. Was only able to manage 4 due to the foot flaring up last weekend.

Year to date 265.87 miles.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My left foot has come out in sync
sympathy with you....

33 miles this week giving me 274 for the year. Managed a decent 21 mile trail run today.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
775 Posts
In the last two weeks I had relatively low mileage with 64 km and 51 km. The second week I was mainly cross-country skiing. That makes the yearly total 345 miles. We are expecting slush and snow this week back at my base in Norway so it will be difficult to keep the mileage up. Also I didn't get into Rotterdam marathon but I do have a place for Leiden so I will have to get some long runs in soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is a forum for runners. We talk about our training, the miles we are running and our achievements. We've been running these yearly mileage challenge threads for years. No-one is forced to take part in them.

I was more than polite to you before. Your response to me is completely uncalled for.
I take back the word "arrogant" and propose "pompous".

·
4,230 Posts
I take back the word "arrogant" and propose "pompous".
I am not sure what your beef is, you obviously have no interest in the 2020 miles challenge, but you come along and start trolling in the post. When you made your initial comment about 2020km, Claire was polite and informative and suggested that you could start a 2020km challenge and administer it if you so wished.
I do not expect that everyone on the site will see eye to eye on every subject, but there is no need for name calling.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
So, my mileage for this week was 7.43 miles.

Did a really good threshold pace session on Tuesday, then had my final shockwave treatment on Wednesday morning. Physio suggested I take a full week off to allow treatment to bed in, so that's what I'm doing. Will go back to running this coming Wednesday.

Year to date is 273.3 miles.

·
Registered
89 Posts
51.5 miles this week, things are coming together dare I say it....!

That takes me to 326 miles for the year to date. Only two weeks until the D33 ultra so fingers crossed.

G

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yet another shortish week for me, with only 61 km. I was lining up for a long run on sunday, but it was heavy snow at 0C rapidly warming up to rain at about 4C, my least favorite conditions. I found a short least bad window and managed only 12 km in slush. Also I'm still feeling tired easily after a week with a cold. So I may get my long run in on a Monday.

Next week I return from Norway to Netherlands and I have the inaugural Amsterdam park run coming up on Saturday, followed by the Hague half on Sunday, so I need to get some energy back. (My other half ran the first Utrecht park run yesterday.) That makes 383 miles for the year.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
41.09 miles this week. Not bad off only 4 runs, as I only started running again on Wednesday.

Year to date - 314.39 miles.

Steve - did you do the inaugural Amsterdam parkrun?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hi Trin, yes I did the first Amsterdam park run. There were about 250 or so there. I was impressed by the number if tourists, who came by coach and plane. The course is pleasant and fairly quiet, twisting through wooded parkland, with a cafe at the end. It is about 15 mins walk from a metro train line, which links to the main trains. I was home by 11:10.

I also ran Den Haag half-mara the next day and actually got a slightly better WAVA than the park run. That also was a fast and attractive course. I wouldn't say overcrowded and it was well organized. The most bizarre thing was a three-piece jazz combo playing in the men's changing tent.

Mileage for the week was 75 km, making 431 miles YTD.

·
Registered
89 Posts
46 miles for me last week, that takes me to 372 miles for the year. Slowly clawing back the deficit if all goes well.

G

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hi guys, this week I had finished my long run in the dunes of North Holland and was eating triple egg and cheese on bread by midday - a new record for me. Total mileage for the week was up a bit at 82 km, making 774 km or 481 miles YTD.

My flight back home to Norway was cancelled and I would have been straight into quarantine anyway, so it looks like my running will be in the Netherlands for the next few weeks. Leiden marathon on 10th May has not been actually cancelled yet so I will continue training for that. If it is, I will do one self-supported, what used to be called a fat-ass for some reason.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts