Runners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
That is me completing 51 miles for the week, 423 for the year so far.

Yesterday I had the D33 in Aberdeen, 6hrs 37min for the 33 miles so happy enough about that. Looks like my next few races have been cancelled apart from the Cateran 55. Better keep training in the hope it happens.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Strange week last week. I was on course for my first 50 mile week all year, but then got the (expected) news on Friday night that London Marathon was cancelled. I was planning on a 20 mile run on Saturday, but there is no point doing runs that long and stressing my foot when I don't have to, so I went to the local cross-country fixture instead, and raced for the first time since November.

It's likely to be the last time for quite a while as well. It did demonstrate how very out of shape I am at the moment. I've done a few 40 mile weeks now, since I started coming back from injury, but my weight has stabilised about 10 pounds heavy than I would normally be. So now London is cancelled my plan is to build back up to 50 mile weeks over the next few weeks. Hopefully then the weight will start to shift.

I'll then target a half-marathon in the Autumn. I'm hoping to knock my PB down to sub-92, or if I can, sub-90.

Anyway, total mileage for the week was 38.52 and my mileage for the year so far is 352.91.

I'm just preparing the latest bar chart now.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hi, last week started OK but on Tuesday evening I developed a fever from an ordinary cold or flu that provoked an attack of hives in my scalp and head, so mileage was much reduced until Sunday when I got back up to 12 km. I'm feeling rather fragile but back to normal temp and will take antihistamines for a while. So last week was 50 km making 513 miles YTD.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Hey guys. I had a good week this week, by my recent standards. 44.12 miles. Trying to build back up by about 2 miles per week for the next few weeks. Hope we don't end up in total lockdown, as just starting to get the weight off and the fitness back.

Am avoiding human contact as much as possible as boyfriend is diabetic so it puts him at higher risk.

Year to date - 397.03 miles.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had a really good week managing 82 miles in total. 56 miles came from running from Aberdeen to Arbroath over Friday night, still couldn't get loo rolls... Social distance was maintained by every sane person being in bed, even the train back to Aberdeen only had about 5 people in the carriage.

I was even more chuffed when I went out this morning and managed 6 miles at a decent speed with a new PR on a local hill.

I'm sure I'm going to crash this week!!

So that gives me 506 miles for the year.

G

·
Registered
89 Posts
Managed to get some in Aberdeen but glad for the long run, suspect it will be the last decent one for a while.

G

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Yes, although we are allowed out once per day for exercise I'm not sure if we can get away with running for the entire day. They might consider a 56-miler to be taking the piss. ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Valid point, back to running up and down the local streets then.

G

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Hi everyone. Here is the chart to 22nd March. You're all doing really well, all around the same mileage. I'm trailing behind but starting to claw back the deficit a bit:

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
My mileage for this week - 44.66. Had hoped to do a bit more but it was a very busy and fraught week, moving to home-working. Should be easier now the clocks have gone forward to get a decent sesh in of an evening.

Year to date - 441.69.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That is good going, hopefully the injuries don't rear its head again.

36 miles for me this week, calmer than last week. Still waiting for two blisters to heal up and some new trainers to appear.

That takes me to 542 miles for the year.

G

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hi, last week I ran a fraction over 100 km making 925 km or 578 miles YTD. Hoping you all are keeping safe and well.

I've been running alone on less-frequented paths and giving people a wide berth. I have avoided surfaces with a higher probability of injury so as to avoid risk of needing hospital treatment. Luckily, there are many excellently paved bike paths in NL.

I have started using an app called Merlin Bird ID. I take photos with a decent compact camera with 30x zoom on my runs, then load to ipad at home and run the ID app to find out what birds I've seen. There are many waterfowl round here. I find this very satisfying. I log them on Strava.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am not sure what your beef is, you obviously have no interest in the 2020 miles challenge, but you come along and start trolling in the post. When you made your initial comment about 2020km, Claire was polite and informative and suggested that you could start a 2020km challenge and administer it if you so wished.
I do not expect that everyone on the site will see eye to eye on every subject, but there is no need for name calling.
It was a joke. I was trying to express admiration for someone that could run that distance and at the same time respond to the pompous reply. Now **** off and ban me, if I can't manage to leave the forum by myself.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts