Runners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
My mileage this week - 46.15. Year to date - 487.84.

Planning on a 48 mile week this coming week then will do a step-down week, although it may be scuppered by the Government as they're talking about putting a stop to the daily exercise thing. Because obviously the best way to deal with people sunbathing in parks and having barbecues on the beach is to punish people who are exercising. :rolleyes:

·
4,245 Posts
I saw that earlier, obviously it's easier to punish everyone instead of just the rule breakers :-(
34 miles for me this week 541.30 for the year.
Hoping to get up to 50 miles next week.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Like everything they will take in blanket rules that will penalise the sensible ones and the irresponsible ones will ignore.

I was out and did 4 hours yesterday but over 3 hours of that was in the open country with nobody around. Conversely I could have done 2 hours around the village which is full of families/couples moving around. I also tend to do the longer distances in the late evening, again, hardly anyone around.

Anyway, 62 miles this week taking me to 603 miles for the year. The coming week will be lower mileage I reckon for various reasons.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi. Last week I did 102 km making 1027 km or 638 miles YTD.

I am still stuck in NL so I am making the best of it, using the many cycle paths that are much quieter these days. I managed a long run today and it began to get rather warm. So long as I stay away from obvious areas it is mostly quiet once I get out of town. Since we are barely above sea level, if at all, there are lots and canals and wetlands to look at and it is a pleasure seeing the birds. Most people are good about distancing and I give plenty of hand signals, hellos, and thanks for people's efforts. Being separated means we should make up for it by being extra nice and polite when passing, IMO.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was out for an hour tonight and stayed within the village, I normally head out on to the hills around us. I passed about 150 people out and about in that hour. If you add in the two shops I visited I passed 205 people in total. All at a decent distance but still a lot.

I think I will stick to the hills and woods from now on.

G

·
4,245 Posts
50.40 miles this week , year to date 591.70 miles.
Seems strange these days, running on near empty streets, very little traffic and the few people you do meet seem friendly and always say hello, I doubt this will continue when we come out of this :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
51 miles this week, went out for 6 miles tonight that turned into 10 miles.....

It is nice having quieter roads, just a pity so many people are filling the pavements.

Anyway, 655 miles for the year.

G

·
Registered
814 Posts
This week was a bit of a cut-back week for the marathon plan I'm following for no partticular reason, so 75 km making 1102 km aks 685 miles YTD.

Although roads are generally quiet, the cycleways are still fairly well used here in NL. On my sunday progression run I was passed by more people than I would like. Most people are good about distancing.

·
4,245 Posts
Only managed 40.70 miles this week. With no racing and no real targets it seems like a chore at times. Yearly total now stands at 632.40 miles. Hoping to get motivated for next week :cool:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi all,
This week i got back up tp 93 km making 1195 km aka 743 miles YTD. The weather has been consistently good. On my long run I managed to get a picture of an oystercatcher and a man on a fully faired recumbent bike.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Morning

48 miles last week in some nice sunny weather fir Aberdeen. Been a couple of weeks since I have done a decent length of run so feel a 20 mile coming on this week.

That is me at 703 miles for the year so far.

G

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I did 42.07 miles last week, as it was a step-down week. Planning on another 48 mile week this week before trying to move up to 50 for the first time this year.

I'm actually finding it really easy to motivate myself at the moment because the fact I am working from home means I am able to get out running about 90 minutes earlier in the evening than I normally would, so I actually have time to relax afterwards in the evening whereas before there was hardly any evening left after dinner.

I am definitely seeing a lot more people out and about on my running routes, just out for walks, even though my routes go out of town into the country. Fortunately there is plenty of rooms on the country lanes to keep a safe distance.

My total for the year is 578.16 miles. I will do last week's chart shortly.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not having to commute makes a major difference doesn't it. Add in the fact you get a long lie as well and less stress getting ready is a real boon. I am lucky that I can juggle my hours a bit, my workload has dropped off enough to give me that flexibility.

Looking after an aged father means that I could be working from home for a fair while yet. Which all helps get the miles in. I reckon I am the fittest I have been for a long time.

G

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Yes, it's nice. I'm getting up an hour later than I had to for commuting and it's made a massive difference to how I feel. I was always chronically fatigued before.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts