Runners Forum banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've tailed off over the week and tonight's run was just over a mile.....

Anyway, 46miles for the week taking me to 749 miles for the year so far. Had a week off so back to working from home next week, back to juggling the runs.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
814 Posts
Last week I was about the same as the previous week, with 96 km, making 1291 km aka 802 miles ytd.

I have been using the new Strava routefinding improvements quite a lot. On Sunday I found a nice mixed route for 26.2 km to take part in the numbers appeal. It took me on bike paths, trails and dunes and in general it helps me a lot to get to know the region of North Holland where I live some of the time, especially now in lockdown when I cannot get back to my primary home in Norway. I load the routes onto a Fenix 5 and just follow the line. Recommended as a way of exploring.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Well done on the miles, everyone. Everyone is ahead of target, with the exception of me. I'm now less than 20 miles behind, though, so should close that in the next two weeks.

I did 48.11 miles last week, taking me to 626.27 for the year. This current week should hopefully be the first 50 mile week of the year.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You will get there, the evenings are stretching so I can see the mileage increasing.

G

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi folks, 79 km for me this week, making 1370 km aka 851 miles ytd.
The week got off to a bad start. I developed a fever of 38.5C but soon started getting the same symptoms that I had ten weeks ago. Then we concluded with dr interwebs that it was hives. This time I was in with antihistamine pills quicker and I was working my way back up to normal mileage towards the end of the week. I got so much rest that I extended my sunday long run to 3 hrs/29 km so I could assume I'm back to normal.

·
Registered
103 Posts
46 miles last week with an extra rest day bunged in for the fun of it. Total for year is 795 miles.

Just realised I have logged 7954 miles in strava so far, should hit 8k at the end of this week.

G

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Well done everyone. Sorry you've not been well, Steve. Still a decent mileage for the week anyway.

I did 50.1 miles last week. Brings me to 676.37 miles so far for the year.

·
Registered
103 Posts
59.5 miles this week, slightly tempted to do that last half mile but lethargy is getting me now (plus it is cold and windy and snowy). That gives me 855 ytd.

G

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi folks, thanks for the sympathy, Claire. All better now, but it's a bit of a mystery what brings it on.

This week I ran a long run on Netherlands liberation day early in the week, then another long run today, so my mileage is higher than normal. 115 km covered, making 1485 km aka 923 miles YTD.

I have a 10 km virtual race coming up in place of Leiden marsthon. I'll try to get a bit of rest and go for a benchmark time (I won’t say good) on my 63rd birthday. It won't be hard to find somewhere flat round here but wind is another thing :)

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Well, I have finally managed to catch up with the target. Hopefully I will stay injury-free.

I ran 50.09 miles last week, taking me to 726.46 for the year so far.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Evening all.

67.6 miles this week for me and all seems fine. Looks like my many weeks of 46 miles has built a solid enough foundation to let me move up a gear. Only downside is that I go through my trainer heels in approx 300 miles so this could end up costly lol.

That gives me a total of 923 miles so far this year.

G

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Nice step-down week for me last week, which I am doing every 4 weeks.

So 40.71 miles for the week, taking me to 767.17.

101 - 120 of 131 Posts