Runners Forum banner

141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Last week I managed t51 miles, again with a fair bit of climbing. That makes 1183 miles YTD.

I'm cutting down a bit for the present week as I was feeling rather tired even after modest runs. I think the heat and climbing were making me a bit overtrained. I'll try to find some flatter bits to run by the harbour and fjord where I live. Also I bought myself an electric kickscooter as a new toy, which will take a bit of load coming from cycling :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had a good week and managed some decent runs. I'm not saying that my running is getting easier but seem to be holding a decent pace and recovering well.

I manged 83 mikes this week, topping it off with 15 miles of hill reps, up and down the local golf course road. Average pace of 9:10 per mile which is close to what I do on normal runs without hills.

Maybe I have gotten to a point where I have a solid base of stamina and now need to concentrate on building speed.

Anyway, 83 miles for me (furthest i have ran in a week) taking me to 1283 miles for the year.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
829 Posts
Last week I had a good rest and cut back to easy runs totalling 56 km. That makes 1219 miles YTD. Temperatures throughout the week were high 20s. On Sunday it chucked it down so I even skipped my long run. I did put in a few bike miles though. I have been planning a run to the Swedish border so I can technically break the quarantine rule but that must wait for another time. Here it is in the distance.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Hi everyone. 47.62 miles for me last week, takes me to 1003.13 for the year so far.

Well done everyone on their mileage. That view looks stunning, Steve.

I'm thinking of dropping back a bit on the mileage. Rather than running 5 days out of 7, I might start running 2 days on, 1 day off, so in a 3 week period it would be 14 runs rather than 15. I'm planning on dropping the long run, because I'm finding it difficult to recover from it in time to run my Monday effort session well.

So the new schedule would be: Day 1 - effort session; Day 2 - easy run; Day 3 - rest. Then just repeat that ad infinitum.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi all, 79 km for me this week, making 1267 miles YTD.

Sunday run was again cut short by heavy rain showers. I stuck to 10mmiles, 200 m d+. I have to get up a bit early tomorrow to drive my wife to Oslo airport to return to her work in NL for 11 daya, so I didn't want to be too tired. I'm still a bit ahead of my personal schedule for the year.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Morning all,

Just over 77 miles last week for me. I ended up combining my two long runs at the weekend into one 50 mile run. There is an old railway line that heads North from Aberdeen so I managed an out and back run on it.

I completed it in 11hr 26min which may not be the fastest but I'm happy with it. Even better was still being able to run towards the end as opposed to having to walk.

Although it was tempting to run yesterday I have stuck to Monday being a rest day.

My total for the year so far is 1361 miles.

G

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Oh my goodness! A 50 mile run in training! Well done. I'm not even doing that in a week these days.

My mileage for last week was 39.85 miles and may drop off even further soon as I start a new job Monday after next and it will take a little while to get settled into the routine after being unemployed for 2 1/2 months.

Total for the year 1083.35.

·
Registered
829 Posts
50 miles for me this week, and I'm happy to say it was not all in one go! Sumday was again tough weather for here: very windy, but I managed to avoid the rain mostly by running late. Good luck with the coming job, Claire! That makes 1317 miles YTD.

·
Registered
116 Posts
43 miles last week, was meant to do a 15 miler on Sunday but circumstances were against me. I suspect there is still a bit of "payback" for the 50 miles still on the go.

Total to date is 1404 miles for the year.

G

141 - 159 of 159 Posts