Runners Forum banner
181 - 200 of 205 Posts

·
4,440 Posts
Bad injury or a minor knock?
I twisted it on a 180 degree turn about 1km into the 6km course, I managed to finish, but after changing my shoes and getting ready for a warm down run it just got stiff and painful. It feels a little better today, hoping a few days rest will see it off.

Well done on your virtual Toronto marathon, I am sure the fitness and strength will return soon.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Hope your knee is recovering well Steve.

I did 43.1 miles last week, taking me to 1535.94 for the year.

Here is the chart:

·
4,440 Posts
Just 8.43 miles for the week, 1522.82miles for the year.
I didn't train at all during the week due to the pain in my knee, and by Friday it was feeling ok. I was going to give the British masters XC relays a miss but that would have left us with no M65 team. I decided as it was only 3km I would give it a go, our team came 4th in the national event and 2nd in the midlands event, A nice silver medal for the collection. Thanks to Stephen Mellors and Kevin Lomas for getting us round.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
Well done on the XC medal, that's great.

I did a lower mileage last week as I didn't do a long run at the weekend. Instead I did a run with my fell running club which was only 8 or so miles but very up and down and took well over 2 hours.

So only 37.68 miles for the week. That's 1573.62 for the year. Chart to follow.

Reactions: winnet

·
Registered
239 Posts
A lowly 8.6 miles this week taking me to 982.6 miles fir the year. Another one of those oddball weeks fir me. Cycled 37 miles over two days back and forth to work. Helped at a Mountain marathon this weekend and ended up hiking 17 miles over the two days.

Such is life.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
4,440 Posts
19.76 miles for me this week, Mon, Tue and Wed were all OK but the speed session (2 blocks of 5X300m) made my knee react again so no running for the rest of the week.
Yearly total is 1542.59 miles and I need just over 62 miles per week to hit the target, I don't think it will happen now. I will trudge on regardless though. :cool: .

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
A poor week for me also. I've had a hamstring niggle which has now escalated into a proper injury. I did a parkrun on Saturday morning and on Sunday I could barely run. I was supposed to be doing a 14-miler but just ran out of town slightly and looped back to do 1.2 miles.

I'm now not running at all, but doing some bike rides and plenty of stretching and yoga.

So it was only 26.38 miles for the week last week, taking me to 1600.00 miles for the year so far.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I thought I had missed last week's figured but I hadn't. This week, somehow, I managed 40 miles taking me to 1022.8 so far. I got caught out by a friend asking if I fancied a run one evening during the week. We ended up doing 21 miles down to another town the hard way over a hill then got the train back. Och well, it was good getting out.

G

·
4,440 Posts
:cool: Unplanned runs can turn out to be good ones.

My knee is back to about 98%, no real; problems, 22.32 miles for the week 1564.91 miles for the year.
Fingers crossed next week will be back to 'normal'.

Claire, I hope the injury is healing, take care.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
4.85 miles last week, just building it up very gradually. Hamstring is completely knackered. Been doing lots of Yoga as well.

1604.85 for the year so far.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Well, only 3.12 miles for me last week, as I only did one run. 5 lots of 6 minutes with stretching in between but it aggravated my hamstring so I am resting entirely now.

So that brings me to 1607.97 for the year so far.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sounds like it needs a proper rest to help it heal, not good. Hopefully it won't take long though.

17 miles last week taking me to 1040 miles for the year. Aiming to get over 1100 miles all being well.

G

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Tried a brisk walk the other night but it aggravated it. Did a swim this evening, and have a physio appointment booked for Saturday (yet more expense!)

Here is the chart for last week:

·
4,440 Posts
Had a short trip away for my birthday this week so only 22.31 miles, years total is now 1617.83 miles. That leaves me needing nearly 12 miles a day, so it will not happen :) . I start an 18 week marathon program tomorrow, hoping for a smoother ride and a better result this time round.
Claire, speedy recovery and yes the physio can be expensive but worth the money in the long run.

181 - 200 of 205 Posts