Runners Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
41.62 miles last week, bringing me 839.67 for the year.

I did a 3000 metre track race on Saturday and it really wasn't worth it. Not only did I run a rubbish time, but I was clocked doing 35mph in a 30 zone on my way to the track, so am being prosecuted by Cleveland Police. Oops!

Anyway, I will do the chart in a minute.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Here is the chart to 23rd May:

Reactions: winnet

·
4,357 Posts
A bit of a mixed week, started well and even did a track session of 15 X 300m with 100m jog recovery, I had a rest day on Saturday but I woke early on Sunday morning shaking and sweating, feeling weak and dizzy, so I bailed on my planned 12 miles and stayed in bed. I felt a lot better later in the day and managed a very easy 4 mile jog.

39.74 miles for the week takes me to 620.87 miles for the year.

Starting to get a few races on the race planner, I have a 3000m track race (Veterans league) on 9th June and 10k road races on 27th June and 18th July.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hopefully your feeling better now.

30 miles for me this week. Managed a decent 12 mile run up one of the local hills. Been getting some miles in on the bike as well as part of my cross training, just need to suss the strength training stuff now.

Total for the year is 286 now.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Well done everyone. I did 41.21 miles last week. Total for the year is 880.88. Will do the chart shortly.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
OK, here is the chart to 30th May:

·
4,357 Posts
A good solid week for me this week, I managed 44.53 miles which takes my yearly total up to 665.40 miles.
I have a 3000m track race on Wednesday in the Midland Vets League, I am a little nervous as I have not run a track race for 6 years.

·
Registered
195 Posts
20 miles this week taking me to 306 miles for the year. Actually works out that I walked more miles (21) than I ran, oops.

Are you now wondering why you entered the race?

G

·
Registered
195 Posts
Peer pressure is murder, that is usually why I end up entering daft Ultra marathons.

You will be fine.

G

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
I finished last in a 3000 metre track race a couple of weeks ago. Not only that, I was nearly a lap behind the second last runner.

I have run 41.44 miles this week, so 922.32 for the year so far.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Here is the chart for last week:

·
Registered
195 Posts
30 miles for me this week, these low mileages are getting boring, need to up the distance. 336 mes in total now.

Legs are in better shape now so planning a few days off to go and do some Munros near Braemar. That will give me plenty of ascent.

G

·
4,357 Posts
30 miles for me this week, these low mileages are getting boring, need to up the distance. 336 mes in total now.

Legs are in better shape now so planning a few days off to go and do some Munros near Braemar. That will give me plenty of ascent.

G

It takes time to get back to 'normal', you are doing fine and you will be back on the miles in the coming months. Keep at it!

·
Registered
195 Posts
True, and I do know that if I push too hard it may backfire.

Did a speed session last night, 6 x 0.25 mile. Splits were in the area of 6min miles and I was dying. I am still in awe of people that can run that fast all the time.

G

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Not bad, 6 minute miles. I've got a session like that tomorrow, but I have to do two sets of 6! Did the same session last Thursday and pace was around 6:21 per mile.

43.86 miles for me last week, year to date 966.18.

Reactions: winnet

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Here is the chart for last week:

81 - 99 of 99 Posts