Runners Forum banner
121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
4,420 Posts
37.37 miles for the week which makes 900.86 miles for the year. I did a 10k trail race yesterday in the scorching heat, totally exhausted at the end and spent most of the day trying to rehydrate, roll on winter :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sounds like we have all been through the wars. I got bored with my training plan this week and went for it. Off sick with long covid so did the virtual Lakeland 50 in one go with a mate.

Ran from Aberdeen to Laurencekirk over one of the hills then filled the rest in around Aberdeen. Hot day but had plenty of food and water. Felt fin enough over the next two days so back to work today.

Total for the week is 66.3 miles taking me to 485 miles for the year.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
4,420 Posts
46.00 miles this week, taking me up to 946.86 miles for the year.
Nice to get a parkrun in this week and a nice easy 15 miler this morning. Starting to feel like a runner again.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
No miles for me in the week ending the 18th July. Here is the chart for that week:

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
3.92 miles for me last, bringing me to 1090.79 for the year so far. Saturday was my first run since I damaged my ankle.

·
Registered
227 Posts
How are u getting on with your ankle?

37 miles last week, thought I better rein in back in a bit lol. Total for the year is now 522 miles. Want to see if I can get to 1010.5 miles at least this year.

G

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
The chart to 25th July:

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
33.27 miles for me this week, half of that was yesterday. Unfortunately I had pre-entered a Hardmoors trail race, billed as a 15 mile race (it was actually well over 16), and they aren't cheap so I decided to do it.

Ankle has been a bit weird. I thought it was pretty much recovered by last weekend, started running again. Went to physio on Tuesday again and the physio seemed to aggravate it, and it has been sore all week. However, it doesn't really hurt when I run.

So yesterday morning when I got up early to get ready to drive two hours to Yorkshire for my race, I nearly just didn't bother going as it had been particularly sore on Friday. Anyway, I went and it turned out to be the right decision. The results are not out yet but I asked the marshals at the finish line and I believe I was 5th lady. Also particularly pleased as I was evidently in 9th place for much of the race but managed to pass 4 women in the last 4 miles or so.

Anyway, ankle didn't bother me during or after the race, so that's good. I knew it was a big risk doing it.

1124.06 miles for the year so far.

Reactions: winnet

·
4,420 Posts
Glad things are moving in the right direction Claire.

A mixed week for me, started well, but I had an 11 mile run planned on Thursday, but I bailed at 4 miles as I felt completely drained, had a rest day on Friday and felt really good over the weekend, 5 miles on Saturday and 16 miles on Sunday. 41.49 miles for the week which gives a year to date total of 988.35 miles. Onward and upward.

·
4,420 Posts
Feeling like I am getting somewhere this week, back to back 10 milers on Wednesday and Thursday and a 17 miler on Sunday, a total of 49.93 mile for the week and 1038.28 miles for the year.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
The chart to 1st August, but no sign of an update from winnet in a while:

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
32.89 miles last week. 1156.95 miles for the year so far.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Morning all

I was up helping with the Cape Wrath Ultra. Good fun but Nuts race if you ask me.

Good news about the ankle.

Last couple of weeks have been 46 miles and 27 miles taking me to 595 for the year.

G

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
That sounds like fun.

Here is the chart to 8th August:

Reactions: winnet

·
Registered
227 Posts
Midge heaven

Anyway, gone off the boil with training again and struggled to recover after 18 miles on Saturday. Only now feeling better.

26 miles last week taking me to 621 miles for the year.

G

·
4,420 Posts
43.36 miles for the week , 1081.64 miles for the year. 7 weeks until marathon day and feeling a lot more confident than I did 3 months ago.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm not realy getting out of the bit here. My legs are back to grumbling about things and my glutes aren't happy. Need more stretching and less sitting around at work. I have the Glenmore 24 on 5th September and virtual Toronto marathon in October sometime. Both will be a slog I reckon.

G

·
Registered
227 Posts
Upon saying that, I did manage 7.1 miles at 8:54 min pace last night so something must be working.

G

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
I'm slipping gradually further behind at the moment, as I'm still running quite low mileages.

32.75 miles last week, which is 1189.7 miles for the year so far.

121 - 140 of 177 Posts