1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Cold meat pies !!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Can't remember what it was exactly but I've had either cured or smoked gammon a couple of times and it was awful. Smelt odd and looked a bit grey, and tasted bad, but having had it twice I think it is supposed to be like that. Also, gammon that just tastes a bit piggy. Unless it's honey roasted gammon I'm not interested, too often standard gammon is mediocre or even a chore to get through. Much prefer pork or good bacon.

Everything else mentioned, I either don't mind or really like- except Andouillette, which I've never had and had to Google. It does look and sound rather revolting; I've never had intestines but in the images I saw they have a sort of decomposed look about them, not like proper meat.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's gotta be natto. I think I first read about it on Rich Roll's blog about 10 uncommon superfoods.

10 UNCOMMON SUPERFOODS FROM THE WORLD OF ULTRA-ENDURANCE
http://www.richroll.com/blog/10-uncommon-superfoods-from-the-world-of-ultra-endurance/

The look & texture(!) is so gross and off-putting. It's an acquired taste as well, as you can imagine. Have given it a few attempts - but failing every single time. You can get it from your local Japanese/Oriental specialty food shops.
I have taken nattokinase as a supplement though but that's different (even though it's derived from natto)

Funny, I don't mind any of the foods listed by others (other than meat since I don't eat it). Celery sticks with hummus - yum. Celery, apple, mint, lime, fennel juice - delicious..

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts