Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it only proper to mark my return from hols with a question!

SWMBO and I were in the Alps last week..at Les Contamines Monjoie to be precise...just a hop, skip and a jump away ( or just a hop if you're Jonathon Edwards ) from Mont Blanc. We did our usual and spent our time running, walking....and eating too much...but it was worth it for the break. I'm going to have to call my club's hill training sessions something else after the runs we did...any ideas?

Anyway last Weds I wore my RF top on a 10m run which made me wonder where other forumites have taken their top. I'm sure it won't be long before someone has run higher than 1500m or further than the Alps in their top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,493 Posts
Your break sounds great Steve... I'm dead jealous :)


Steve said:
I'm going to have to call my club's hill training sessions something else after the runs we did...any ideas?

How about running the slopes, or speed bump training? :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,640 Posts
How about "vertical training" and I have not taken my RF top very far at all have used it on a couple of races, but can't remember which onces apart from 10k Horndon on the Hill, quite apt considering what we are talking about. :d

Glad you had a good break Steve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,801 Posts
Dave said:
He missed your amazing 5k H.
True Dave i forgot that for a moment, at home being nurse to my 3 year old she has chest infection so been on call all night long.
But im just looking for my next race now after that good result. Id love to do one in december, any ideas, or if you Know of any nov/dec time let me know THANKS H
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hayley1977 said:
True Dave i forgot that for a moment, at home being nurse to my 3 year old she has chest infection so been on call all night long.
But im just looking for my next race now after that good result. Id love to do one in december, any ideas, or if you Know of any nov/dec time let me know THANKS H

Having scrolled through all the new posts I have read about your brill run Hayley....fancy running for me at the local handicap event next week?!!:d
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,801 Posts
Steve said:
Having scrolled through all the new posts I have read about your brill run Hayley....fancy running for me at the local handicap event next week?!!:d
If i'd pass as you Steve you know i would!!Think they would notice the sex change;)
Anyway you 5km time can't be far from mine, dont think your have any worries there:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,801 Posts
Positive thinking, my race was a good time i wanted 22mins so i dont know how i did it in the time i did. I set of really fast, and remember struggling the last 400m thinking iv found this race really hard. But i know why now.
You seem to enjoy running alot so that accounts for a lot in my book!!!
Good luck at the Felixstowe 1/2M as well:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hayley1977 said:
Positive thinking, my race was a good time i wanted 22mins so i dont know how i did it in the time i did. I set of really fast, and remember struggling the last 400m thinking iv found this race really hard. But i know why now.
You seem to enjoy running alot so that accounts for a lot in my book!!!
Good luck at the Felixstowe 1/2M as well:)

Cheers Hayley.
Didn't really enjoy my 5miler last night though...a bit heavy legged and weary. Still got those mountain hills in my legs I think!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top