Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
I want to say my travel from Greenwich park to the Mall from last Sunday but I don't think that's what you mean :)

A business trip from Seattle to Heathrow the week before Christmas. Flight from Seattle back home to Heathrow was cancelled due to snow at Heathrow. My manager left me and went out via Canada, I spent 4 hours calling our travel team and managed to get a flight the following day via Iceland.

Got to Iceland and the 2nd leg of the flight was cancelled so spent the evening in a closed freezing Iceland airport. Managed to buy the last ticket on a different airline to Gatwick the next morning. Then spent 3 hours waiting for baggage collection as the bags at Gatwick were a flipping mess.

Total travel was something like 2-2.5 days. The worst part though, going from International business class where you can lay down, to the equivalent of EasyJet is a shock to the system!

I was seriously looking at plans to get a boat from Iceland to Scotland and then either drive or train down from Scotland but thankfully that wasn't needed.

·
Registered
278 Posts
travelling back from Trinidad & Tobago (was there on business) to London, my flight (cannot recall which airline it was, but none of the big names) got cancelled twice - original one and the subsequent one next day. We were put in some 2* hostel-type accommodations in the nearby sugar cane field (no exaggeration). That’s when I learned that airlines can simply cancel the flight if there are not enough people flying and put you on the next flight (next day), and do it again until you get enough people or their logistics get screwed otherwise..

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Doing five miles in two hours on the M25 a few years while travelling to Gatwick airport , we checked in less than 25 mins before it was due to take off , then still had to get to the plane which is always as far away as possible !!!!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
A flight back from the states or Canada (I forget) where I was sat next to an enormously fat bloke that could have done with 2 seats.

I know it's not politically correct and the people affected will feel persecuted and complain, but if you're so fat to need 2 seats you should have to pay for (and get) 2 seats. It's really, really unpleasant for anyone sat next to you and can't be much fun for you either.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Worst in the sense of terrifying: being taken to Fidel Castro's base camp up incredibly steep hills in the open back of an ex-soviet army truck powered by a huge diesel engine in stump-pulling gear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts