Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Good question, not sure of the answer but a 'sport' surely must involve some skill, training, preparation etc.

Therefore for me, fishing is out (I've never fished I have to say but imagine there is not much skill involved), Darts is tricky one as there is obviously skill involved but the training ..... well, just look at Barney :eek:

Golf makes it as a definate one for me.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about the idea that a sport is something that ones participation, performance and results can be directly effected by ones opponent?
That definition would rule out darts/golf ....Barney can't block one of The Power's arrows and Els can't move Tiger's ball.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Steady Edwina said:
What about pain? Shouldn't sports involve pain?
That could include Darts, once got a dart thrown into the hand whilst I was retreiving mine

Not sure about pain, depends on how hard you push yourself.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Steve said:
How about the idea that a sport is something that ones participation, performance and results can be directly effected by ones opponent?
That definition would rule out darts/golf ....Barney can't block one of The Power's arrows and Els can't move Tiger's ball.
I like that, but what about pressure, that can be directly 'felt' by one's opponent, hence making Golf and Darts contenders again ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts