1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
manchester 10k

been doing 9k training run

resting today and doing 5 k run tomorrow and resting saturday

what you suggest i eat saturday night and sunday morning?

how long before race etc?

ta

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I usually eat normally the night before a race, but try to avoid anything spicy.

I'll usually have cereal and tea for breakfast and a banana and Red Bull about 30-45mins before the race.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grant said:
I usually eat normally the night before a race, but try to avoid anything spicy.

I'll usually have cereal and tea for breakfast and a banana and Red Bull about 30-45mins before the race.

red bull??? jesus i think id have a heart attack, evil stuff that

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
horse said:
red bull??? jesus i think id have a heart attack, evil stuff that
View attachment 473

Reminds me of some medicine I had as a child. View attachment 474

You'll find that people have a very varied approach to pre-race meals, and it may come down to experimenting with what suits you best... Obviously not what you're looking for at this point.
You've had Grant's approach, and I would agree with the "eating-normally-but-nothing-spicy" on the night before. As for the morning of the race; I go for 2 or 3 slices of toast and a cup of tea at least 4 hours before "kick-off" but nothing else apart from a small amount of water.

Good luck.:d

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'll be there Sun too! I'll have porridge first thing, then tea and toast. Hour berfore the race sports drink and water.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It still amazes me how many people go for a run so close to a race. I tend to stop running a week before a race.

I tend to go for a normal diet night before and in the morning, but similar to Obigone lots of lucozade sport an hour before and afterwards.

·
Registered
52 Posts
fandango said:
It still amazes me how many people go for a run so close to a race. I tend to stop running a week before a race.
I agree, went out for just a couple miles v/easy yesterday and today, and thats me 'till Sun.

·
Registered
664 Posts
fandango said:
Nah, I know the received wisdom about tapering for marathons or halfs. Haven't ran that far yet, 10 and 5ks my distance and I like continuing some relaxed running up to 2 or 3 days before the race. Pre race I have my normal brekkie of muesli and tea, and have a banana about an hour before race start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts