Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am currently having problems with my 305 forerunner and I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems before

Nature of problem

The Red power on, Mode, Enter buttons; appears to have frozen i.e. when I press any of these buttons - nothing happens.

When I put the unit to charge it starts immediately locating satellites and does not as before say that battery charging is in progress.

Does have any ideas/solution:
:d

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
idoha said:
Hello

I am currently having problems with my 305 forerunner and I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems before

Nature of problem

The Red power on, Mode, Enter buttons; appears to have frozen i.e. when I press any of these buttons - nothing happens.

When I put the unit to charge it starts immediately locating satellites and does not as before say that battery charging is in progress.

Does have any ideas/solution:
:d

Contact Garmin, they will tell you how to reset it.
There have been a few problems with them, but it's generally not terminal and usually quite easily remedied

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
305 Forerunner

Thanks I have been to Garmin and this is an excerpt from the e-mail that was sent to me

Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe

Please try a master reset on the unit. To do this press and hold MODE + LAP + ON for 15 seconds.

Download the latest software for your unit from our website: http://www.garmin.com/support/download.jsp

Also try letting the battery run down then charge up again to see if this has any affect.

I would like to say this really is extremely rare to experience so many issues with your Forerunner.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Similar thing happened to my 201, sent it back to Garmin who were brilliant and I had a brand new one for 40 quid within a week.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
It was indeed, perfect for a month and then none of the buttons worked all of a sudden, I phone up Garmin and they said send it back. I did that and they sent me a new one. Touch wood it's been fine.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
That's great to get a new replacement Granty!! Rich had had it since about 2003! Well done ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Garmin technical support have been so good/great to me in past. In one instant my unit was completely replaced free of charge. It's just that it looks like I have had more than fair average of problems on this my unit. So I feel that they are getting tired of see my e-mails.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts