Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I be this excited?

After a weekend of cajoling and foot-massages :'( , Mrs SR has finally loosened her resolve and allowed the kids to buy their dear old dad an early birthday present of one Garmin Forerunner 305 :d:d

Is it so wrong for me to now be almost permanently glued to the UPS delivery tracking service watching its inexorable progress across the world to my doorstep?

(Latest update - It left Philadelphia???? at 8:31 this morning!)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hell yeah SR! Get excited... but you mustn't use it until you've read and understood the instruction manual
Sorry, being a bloke I'm not quite sure what you mean with this term 'instruction manual' ?? Does it come free with the Garmin or do I have to buy it separately? :p

Latest UPS Update :

7:37 AM - Out for Delivery ..... :d

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
These Garmin thngs are quite painful so be careful. You'll spend more time staring at your wrist when you first get it than where you are going so watch you dont run into anything

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPS stole my GPS

So, raced home from work last night, rushed through the door, and there it was, in all its glory, just what I'd being waiting for all day ... yup, a little card from my new friends at UPS stating that they had a package for me should I wish to contact them to arrange re-delivery :'(

So, duly phoned the central depot number on the aforementioned card and it would seem that the driver hadn't scanned the number correctly so there was nothing they could do to arrange re-delivery as they didn't know where my package was, and they would get my local depot to ring to rearrange delivery.

Guess what ... no phone call :mad: grrrrrr!!!

So have to try and rearrange delivery again now ... this is sooooo unfair.

However on a lighter more pleasing note, last nights scheduled 5 mile timed to perfection with light drizzle to begin followed by mid run downpour ... lovely stuff !!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Oh what a pain, I hate it when that happens :mad:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Woohoo ... playtime :d:lol::nuts:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Enjoy SR.........:d

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
So how's it going? Managed to play with it much?

I bet you've started up a new thread somewhere haven't you, and I'm just a little slow catching up :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Will be interested to hear how you get on with it. Im looking for a new GPS and hope that someone buys me one for my Bday at the end of the year (if I can wait that long). The 305 does sound much better than my 201. From what I have read the receiver is much better than the older models.

O.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Sorry haven't posted much over the weekend, me and the 'Big G' have been spending a bit of quality time getting to know each other. :love: :p

I have to say it really is a quality piece of kit, and I've only scratched the surface of its capabilities. (already bored family senseless with replays and stats on Saturdays run :d )

A word of caution though, whilst still in the novelty familiarisation phase there is a serious danger of over doing it, as the constant ... "ooh! I'll just go a bit further to see if I can get it to .... " kicks in all too readily, apart from that Garmins are great !

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Definately worth the upgrade with the amount of mileage you do O... I have a friend with a 201 and my unit... sorry my Garmin Forerunner 305, picks up signal a lot quicker and seems to be a lot more reliable too. I've never lost signal while out on a run (this includes briefly running through a tunnel and various forests too!

·
Registered
222 Posts
The Gadget Show is doing a review of the Garmin 405, its on channel five, 8pm this evening if anyone is interested to hear what they might have to say.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts