Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The bar / pub in the village we only ever really go to in the summer when out walking the hounds and fancy a cold one on the way home. The restaurant we go to once every few months I guess, generally when we have people visiting.

I think I last visited my current local when I was about 16 :lol:

At my old place in London my local had a really good Thai restaurant attached, so I'd go every couple of weeks probably.
Not the Churchill arms in Kensington by chance?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Once every three months and its at the end of my back garden !

·
Registered
830 Posts
There's not the same bar culture where I live now. People think it is a waste of money just to have the odd couple of pints, since the price is at least £10 a pint equivalent. If we in this culture go out it's to drink a whole week's quota in one go. That interferes with my sunday run and also tempts me to start smoking again, so I steer well clear and hardly ever go out to the (nearest thing to a) pub now.

·
Registered
278 Posts
People think it is a waste of money just to have the odd couple of pints, since the price is at least £10 a pint equivalent. .
tell me about it! I was visiting a friend in Oslo last year. We went to a bar one evening and the first round was one me - I ordered 2 pints of lager & I paid with a 200Kr (~ £20) banknote and was expecting some change but got nada!

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
We have a decent selection of pubs in the village. 9 i think. Thats not including the hotels and restaurants who all have a licence. I doubt many weeks pass without me being in one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts