Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the [email protected]@dy flip am I supposed to keep up?

Can you all post a little less?

Thanks.

H

P.S. How are peeps getting on? Sorry I'm not keeping track - sadly I've been busy working... although I have managed the odd little run too (Barcelona mara last Sunday was lovely - not fast - but lovely)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Just read Steve and mine, that will give you an overview :)

Good to see you H, I don't know if you have heard but Rich and I are no more...so life hasn't finished giving me a hard time yet :(

I tell you what though... I hope the person who is getting all the good stuff to balance it out appreciates it!!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hollywood said:
Hello - yeah - I`d heard. More importantly, how`s the post surgery stuff? You gonna be out kicking butt on the road again soon?

If you mean scoring a 1.36 (11 seconds outside PB) at Llanelly half last Sunday, and then a 20 mile training run today, which felt easy but ended up at 2.43.55 (11 seconds faster than PB)... then about now H :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
It does.....extra 30 mins on top of your 20 miler....was running with SWMBO and 3 others so not at my pace...probably why I feel reasonably ok today.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I'm sure it will...I won't be jogging past you for a start!!

Expecting sub 3 30 from you Trin.

My marathon is the week before FLM...a 2 lap hilly, for Suffolk, course.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
No on 6/4 we are doing Bungay Marathon. It's the Davos Swiss Alpine Trail Marathon you are thinking about...in July...with 1890metres of ascent and 1710 of descent.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Katten - Barcelona was lovely. I didn't really have the legs for it on the day (maybe the 40 mile bike and the 15 mile run was overdoing the taper... maybe it was just the working week... maybe it was the flight (Heathrow airport was lovely, Barca airport was a nightmare)... maybe I just need to put in more training...) but I accepted my fate early on, told my Garmin virtual training buddy to get lost and had quite an enjoyable run - 3:30:13 - still my third fastest marathon.

Shiraz was also very very happy to get 3:44:45 - she does occasionally mention something called Good For Age now - which I find quite funny (why would someone who is never running a marathon ever ever ever again care about getting a GFA time?)

Really enjoyed Barcelona afterwards - a nice place to hang out for the afternoon :)

How you doing K?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts