How many races a year do you do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most you have raced in one year?

I run between 16-20 races a year when uninjured but one of our club members did over 50 races a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Tomorrow I will run my 14th race of the year and I didn`t run the first of those till the end of March.

At least another 3 to go,so maybe I could reach 20.

9 X 5K

1 X 5Miles

2 X 10k

2 X 1/2 Marathon.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
This is the most I have done in one year

5 x 1/2 Marathon - 2 of which are pending

1 x 10 miles

1 x 10k

Although I selected 0-5 on the poll I won't be doing 5 half's again in one year. I really have not put the effort I should have into the 2 I have coming up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm starting to race more after finally getting over my nerves and the excuses that were putting me off some races

Of the top of my head, I've raced 2 x 10km, 1 x 5km, an 11km trail race, 6km trail race, 2 x crosscountry, about 6 short course fell races, around 4 medium course fell/mountain races and 1 long mountain race so far, with another in two weeks (Pedol Peris). This weekend I'm racing in the Eilidier mountain race on Sat then doing the Lake District mountain trail the next day.

It took me a while to acept that some races I would just have to run tired, but they are good training and great atmosphere. I'm trying to pick 4 key races every year that I will rest properly for, otherwise I just train as per usual.

I really wanted to do a 43miler this year (Devil o' the highlands) - great race but got injured the week before.

I really enjoy the races but sometimes I just want to run for fun and head out for some mountain runs with my husband and the dogs or on my own.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I like entering races to meet new people, run different places and it generally keeps my training focused. Also the more I do the less nerves get the better of me.

In the last year I have done,

1 x 5k road,

1 x 5k trail.

2 x 5 mile

7 x 10k, 2 were 'trail'.

1 x 10 mile next month.

still don't feel like a runner!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Bagpuss said:
I like entering races to meet new people, run different places and it generally keeps my training focused. Also the more I do the less nerves get the better of me.

In the last year I have done,

1 x 5k road,

1 x 5k trail.

2 x 5 mile

7 x 10k, 2 were 'trail'.

1 x 10 mile next month.

still don't feel like a runner!

I think that lot definitely makes you a runner....

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Bagpuss said:
Thanks Dave, if I list what I drink, would that make me a drinker!:d
There`s another name for that..................:d

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
There's a number of names for that :d and to answer the question 2 1/2 marathons and 2 this year, must try and enter some 10K's I think.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Dave said:
There`s another name for that..................:d
Was giving up...ha, ha, but remembered a wedding to go to this weekend, can't get through that sober! Perhaps my brain is already past it, forgot I have two more 10k's this month. Must try harder!:d

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
This year has been pretty hectic for me with my final year of uni so I've managed 4 so far... have another 2 coming up (a 5k & 1/2 mara) oooh, and also my first attempt at an adventure race which should be interesting! (Helly Hansen adventure series - Cannock Chase Calling). Last year (my first year) I think I did 6 or 7... I tend to do 10k's and 1/2's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts