Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I love real art, Rubens, Titian, Velazquez etc Great stuff but Picasso or Jackson Bollocks no thanks. Take a look at the Francis bacon load of crap on a theme of Damien Hurst. £120M Buy one get 2 free. Sorry for rant.

Answer Dont like modern art. CAC. :d

·
2,698 Posts
To be pedantic, "modern art" usually covers up to roughly the 1970s, art made beyond that it is generally called contemporary art. :p

I love modern art. Particularly German Expressionism, Futurism and Vorticism. I find it much more interesting than traditional art such as the artists Dave mentions, which while technically amazing do nothing for me emotionally.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Art as in music, if we all liked the same what would be the point....
Although spoon take a look if you are not familiar with Rubens' "raising of the cross" and have no emotion. CAC :)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Spoon, give me a couple of your favs and I will look into it. You may be able to change 1 philistines point of view on modern art. a bit. :d CAC.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Why the excluded middle? Generally I like quite a lot, but love only a few pieces or artists. If I'm visiting a new country and am in a major town then I usually look out the contemporary art gallery. It's the same for me with contemporary classical and electroacoustic music.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Indifferent.

I know very little about art and think a great deal of the grandeur around it is pretence, however that could be because I know nothing.

If I like a piece I like it, regardless of whether it is considered "great" for whatever reason or if it is worth £10 or £10m (worth is only what someone is prepared to pay and does not mean it is good to look at).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts