Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to do 10k :idea:

I was going to justify this as I am in Aberystwyth and it is flat, but that said I don't get the benefit of the downs either.

I should have done better, but as ever set off to fast in mile 1 and had to slow up for a couple of miles. On the return I got it right and pushed myself to make up the time. The last mile was around 7.5 min/miles.

Rest day tomorrow as this is the 3rd 10k in 3 days. I feel like a different person from who I was at Easter.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
My God. You are truly outstanding and an inspiration. I can't imagine I could have got any close to that time when I was 16 stone, let alone drop in a 7:30 in there. I reckon you will be running sub 40 10ks by this time next year.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welldone mate did 54.14 on Sunday at the London 10km

·
Registered
943 Posts
53.02 is great! I did a flat 10k in 59.05 this afternoon which is a personal best for me. My target is 55 (I don't like to have insurmountable aims!)!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I do it in 47.43 in trainers and shorts normally

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't like insurmountable aims either Nat. That is why my goal is to run :d

My other aim is to overtake Chris Moyles as the fittest fat bloke you know :lol:

Time to start another obsession or addiction thread I think :confused:

How's the Ultra training going Trin?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Well done hrun and nat great going :d

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sir, I salute you! That is brilliant.

I feel like a different person from who I was at Easter.
Does Mrs Hrun know? :p :d

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Great stuff Nat & HRun!

Don't worry about it being a flat course H... flat courses can be tricky as there's nothing to vary your pace, but regardless, a 10k is a 10k!!!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Nice one Hrun

You're progress is scary. At this rate you could probably make the final of the 10,000 metres at the 2012 Olympics :d

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Well done to you both...

I did the London 10k Sunday was an brilliant day :p

Did a PB of 56.05 :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts