Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my first run today, I did 2.6km in about 15 minutes. I haven't run in years, im paying for it now, the old muscles are aching abit:p

Could someone give me an idea of a training plan I should be following? I can only run twice a week, I have 3 little children so I get very little me time;)

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
If you go to the runners world website Jing there's 5k plans on there from beginners to advanced level and over different time scales

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jing
I think if you can only run two days a week your muscles will be sore most of the time. If you can add a third or even better a fourth day of running you will notice a huge improvement in you fitness. I know you must be busy with your children but even a 15-20 minute run would be helpful.
That being say, here is a 5K progam that you could follow. It's based on 5 runs per week but you could alter it to fit your schedule.
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_4/142.shtml

Good luck, Dan

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,

I am still abit sore now even 5 days after my run so I think you are right, I will try to fit in a 3rd run in my week if I can.

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Jing said:
Thanks,

I am still abit sore now even 5 days after my run so I think you are right, I will try to fit in a 3rd run in my week if I can.
How far and how hard have you been running Jing do you mean it's five days since your last run ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it had been a week since I had last run today due to some family commitments this last week. I am going to go again tomorrow then again hopefully wednesday night if it stays light enough, I don't fancy running in the dark on my own. Roll on summer:d

1 - 7 of 7 Posts