Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

managed to complete 5k today and even managed to run 3 1/2 of them!

Quick question, I understand rest is very important in between sessions, but how many rest days should I have in a week please?

Thanks.
:confused:

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
spencer said:
Hi everyone,

managed to complete 5k today and even managed to run 3 1/2 of them!

Quick question, I understand rest is very important in between sessions, but how many rest days should I have in a week please?

Thanks.
:confused:
Well done Spencer if you've only recently started running dont do too much too soon
run every other day to start make sure you do easy runs as well as harder ones try to vary your route as much as possible and also vary the surface you run on

This should reduce your risk of injury also it will help enormously with your running
It always makes it more interesting .

Theres always a temptation to push the distance and speed of the runs with our new found enthusiasm but gradual is the way to go

Most of all enjoy yourself!

Take it easy

Cheriton

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Good effort From you both. .............. thumbs_up.gif

Enjoy a couple of days rest and get back training............

You should be thinking about your next challenges now.........:d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Well maybe more training required but it's the natural progression...and you need to set yourselves targets...find one to enter in the summer...go on dare you!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think 10k can wait for a while, knees still giving me grief on 5k.....Unless you want to sign up for something proportional. Me and Spencer can do 10k, Ganty and Steve 20:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts