Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new here, and need some advice

I am entering a charity 6 mile run on June 29th

Now I really want to do well, i dont know whether I am kidding myself, but the geezer that won it last year managed 36 minutes which is obviously 6 minutes a mile

Now My general fitness is good, I play for a football team, go jogging occasionally and play a lot of other sports

My aim is to run the 6 miles in under 40 minutes and also I am aiming get more defined body muscles by the end of july

SO has anybody got good training ideas to get my fitness up and enable me to run the race in a decent time and build a batter body shape

A bit about me

18 year old male

just under 6 foot

Athletic build

My diet isnt too bad eating wise, but i doo drink too much

I also used to box which i intend to start again, and a session on the bags is usually a great workout

Hope you can out some advice myway... I really want to win the award for fastest fancy dress runner, me and my mate have solved the problem of dressing up in a costume that still enables us to run.... the 118 men :d

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
i think you are setting your goals too high... if the fastest runner did 6 miles in 36 minutes then the course must be very hard and getting under 40 minutes will be extremely tough...

i did a 5 mile race and got just over 33 minutes - so potentially that is a 6 mile in 40 minutes... but this course was as flat as a pancake and i was beaten by over half of the runners there... so i was by no means fast...

the faster competitor run the 5 mile race in just over 26 minutes and so they would be able to run 6 miles in ~32 minutes if the course was a flat one...

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I would be tempted to agree with Revenged, especially if you are new to running.

It might be worthwhile looking at the Runers World website for training plans.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts