Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a fantastic run across Dartmoor this morning. It was the Plymouth Harriers annual race and it was a new race for this year and it was really well organised a really good club turn out for us.

I haven't done much training this week as on a personal front ts been a bit of a carp time but this mornings race really lifted my spirits.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Sounds really nice S.E. Out amonst the 'wild stuff', makes a real change from the usual road routes. Just a complete change of scenery makes you run differently, get home feeling great even if it has been a hard run, it must have been hilly?

Went off road myself this morning, have had a few bad weeks of not feeling fit and keep stopping every mile. But this morning I decided to slow right down (not that fast usually!) and it felt much better, didn't stop, and did an extra mile or so.

I often enter races just to be able to run somewhere different and meet new people, after all this running lark is supposed to be fun!

·
Registered
31 Posts
SE, I ran the 6 moor miles to, it was a hilly course wasn't it? - the only downside was the amount of single file running there was, as overtaking was really difficult for most of the course, not that I was overtaking much, but the beginning was a bit of a hold up. What was your time SE?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't mind the hills Jo it was the uneven terrain that I found quite challenging - my running partner actually fell over and landed quite heavily on her hip although I was the one stumbling all over the place.

I did it in 1:16:44 I haven't done much running this week so I wasn't particularly bothered about time and that really took the pressure off. I even had enough left in the tank for a strong finish.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I also ran this, and thought the terrain was really hard. I came last 1hr 33 but got a prize of a cannon all in one printer/scanner. Can't be bad!!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was a group of women behind me from instinctive sports at the start but non looked like Bon Jovi. Congratulations on your prize - did you enjoy the race? Even though it was hard I thought the views were fantastic.

·
Registered
123 Posts
we started of at the very back and stayed there!!
At the time i found the race really hard but yes the views were spectacular. It was all those hills we kept going up!!
P.s can't you sleep - posting on here at 4 in the morning! must be mad

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a long story Firsttimer been having some personnel problems. My shin feels like someone has kcked bit worried I have a stress fracture. Think I might have been just in front of you at the start.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just had a look at them and I think I saw yours - canon printer? I was number 25 there is a photo of me approaching the finish I look in pain although I was but I did pick the pace up.

·
Registered
123 Posts
yes that's me with the cannon printer/scanner. you do look like you are glad to finish. Do you think you did the fracture on that day?

I see you have entered the totnes 10k have you ran this before if so whats it like?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've entered this race as well but I've not run it beofre Trin has but I'm going to have to pull out due to my shin. Physion doesn't think I've got a stress fracture yet but if I don't ease back a bit it could go that way.

I haven't really got time to run at the moment anyway - I've got lots of job interviews coming up

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Steady Edwina said:
- I've got lots of job interviews coming up
Are you the interviewer at several interviews or are you going to lots yourself?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm going to lots myself. I have two on Friday and one on Monday but I may have two more to go to - won't find out until tomorrow.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Steady Edwina said:
I'm going to lots myself. I have two on Friday and one on Monday but I may have two more to go to - won't find out until tomorrow.
Good luck with them then!
Trust you've prepared for those awkward questions....:d

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No I'll have to wing it - actually one of my interviews is with someone that used to work for my current employer and I know him a little.

I've got three interviews tomorrow in Manchester city centre and another one also in Manchester city centre on Monday.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Steady Edwina said:
I've got three interviews tomorrow in Manchester city centre and another one also in Manchester city centre on Monday.
sounds like your planning a move. that's a long way to commute!:d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
firsttimer said:
sounds like your planning a move. that's a long way to commute!:d
SE no doubt plans to run there and back every day surely!:d

1 - 20 of 27 Posts