Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think I have enough time to train for a November 15th 60k?

Currently, I run approximately 50 miles per week and have been increasing each week.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
As Beasty's post suggests - the key is your long run as to whether you'll manage it okay...

I'd say it's undoubtedly too late to properly train and do yourself justice in it, I mean I'd say it takes a year to properly train for a marathon - but it's certainyl not too late for you to be able to run it and cross the finish line.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i rekon if your target is to finish then should be ok.. but i wouldnt suggest trying to break any records...

good luck though!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sounds to me like a serious increase in mileage, 60K is a very long distance. Sorry to burst your bubble but its a hell of a long way. You must consider that your body will take 2 weeks if not a little longer to benefit from any long training runs. If that race is in a months time this only gives you 2 weeks training.
Good luck if you are going attempt it, but listen to your body....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your advise. I'll take it and not run the 60k this time around. I'll keep my focus on the January marathon.

Got good motivation today when I was running in Central Park: Paula Radcliff blew by me. She's so fast that by the time I crested the hill near the Reservoir she was out of sight...

Thanks again all.

Happy Trails

1 - 10 of 10 Posts