Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Because of where I train I find I run up hills really well in races,but it`s still harder than running downhill.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Almost seems a silly question... obviously it's easier to run downhill than to run uphill at the same pace, though I accept that running hard downhill can be more discomforting than running hard uphill. Though I still find downhills easier.

One thing I noticed whilst running last night though. If you run down what appears to be a steady descent, and then turn at the bottom to run back up it again, it suddenly becomes a much steeper incline!!! Honestly, I ran down a hill last night, barely noticing it at all, and having looped round to head back up the same hill it seemed SO MUCH steeper, I could barely believe it.

Another hate of mine is running through a valley, i.e. running down a hill that leads straight into an uphill... as you reach the bottom you feel like your flying, before slowly grinding to a near stationary speed on the uphill. Eugh!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Anything bigger than a disabled access ramp kills me. I have recently found how to run downhill quicker by relaxing and sort of "letting the brakes off" which does help to equalise the fact that on the following uphill I look a bit geriatric.:eek:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
going downhill is the best bit of having just had the climb :d

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Runningfox said:
What do you mean 'ALMOST' ?
haha right :)

It all depends on the incline.
In one of my usual forest routes I have a downhill section where I seem to be gliding along effortlessly, no matter how tired I am - it's just that perfect gradient.
2 miles later I have a descent where my knees and heels start complaining immediately.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Steve said:
Do you find it easier to run uphill than downhill?

Do I find running easy at all???:(
this morning it was hard running on the flat, even a speed bump might have finished me off!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts